Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TeraFlex 60 vs. Currie Rock Jock 60 vs. Dynatrac

Old 12-25-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to ask them. I know when I changed my axles on my TJ, I had to change wheels, since the wheel pattern for that strength hub started at 5 on 5.5. That was at the time. Things could have changed. Give them a call. They are very willing to listen and answer all your questions. When I got my axles I asked so many questions, since there are so many possible setups. It took months of calls and studying the options, and what my needs and restrictions were. This is truly a custom built item, tailored exactly to what you need, so take advantage of this, and get it exactly how you want them. You don't want to have regrets later.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the rears come with a dual bolt pattern (5x5 and 5x5.5). I am going to get their front Dana 44 so I can keep a 5x5 bolt pattern when I upgrade.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't read all 40-some-odd responses to this thread because I don't have the time now, but I did note and read Dynatrac's response and I have to say (maybe from a biased point of view...see below) that his answers are first rate and definitely in line with his products.

If you are ever able to just go to the company for a tour, you'll see it's all business there. As Jim said, his stuff isn't cheap, but it's high quality as all get-up.

I just did my first oil change on the rear diff this past weekend and inside the case is truely a work of art..Everything fits so damn well that I had to use q-tips to clean out the bottom of the housing of all remaining dirty gear oil.

Oh, and that little thing he mentioned about quality control - it's no joke...They have a folder on every single person who buys an axle from them with details on EVERYTHING about the axle.

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Glad to hear about products being 100% made in the USA! especially with workers compensation costs, benefits, and other employee related costs through the roof....

When my Walker Evans beadlocks arrived about a year back I was quite surprised to see a MADE IN CHINA stamp inside of the wheel.... Should I be concerned with the quality, or has the product proved itself enough not to be worried?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
JK Super Freak

thanks to the manufactures for putting all the information up here. definitely consider this a prime resource for info on part of my build up.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

I would like to thank Dynatrac, Currie, and Teraflex for posting up detailed information about their respective axles. I find this more useful than the 2 weeks of research I have been doing!!

I actually got a quote from Dynatrac for their Pro Rock D60 setup 2 weeks ago for my TJ (No I don't have a JK yet) and because of the 12K price tag I began looking around elsewhere and doing more research. Honestly, I had sticker shock as i only have 10K to spend on axles.

I have a question for the dynatrac guy, Would your D44 housing accept your high steering setup and be strong enough for 37's? The front is obviously more expensive due to the more complex parts, so if I can get the 44/60 combo and be comfortable with 37's then awesome....

One last question here...I see tons of information on build quality, engineering processes, and oiling systems but the one question not touched (and pretty important given the economy) is the price comparison. Would the manufactures like to throw up their prices for each axle for a full up comparison of product-vs-price!

thanks again for this AWESOME thread (its nice to see manufactures posting up for the people that use these products).
Old 01-17-2009, 08:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by G.I.JOE¤MFA¤

The TeraFlex CRD60R rear JK axle will accommodate tires up to 38”, and features an exclusive No Excuses 1 year warranty. Suggested retail pricing for the JK Wrangler rear CRD60R starts at $1799, with complete axles available from $2995.

i cant find info on a teraflex front dana 60
Teraflex hasnt released anything but the CRD60. I pm'd them earlier in the week and asked if they had planned on anything else and was told a definite YES in different sizes (which I assume to mean D44's also)
Works out great for me as I plan on getting new axles next year.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:52 AM
JK Junkie

Correct me if my info is out of date or incorrect

front rock jock III - Mfg: JK-RJIIIF
Our Price: $4,999.95

rear rock jock III - Mfg: JK-RJIIIR
Our Price: $1,899.95

Can someone explain why there is such a price difference between the 2?
Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

Correct me if my info is out of date or incorrect

front rock jock III - Mfg: JK-RJIIIF
Our Price: $4,999.95

rear rock jock III - Mfg: JK-RJIIIR
Our Price: $1,899.95

The TeraFlex CRD60R rear JK axle will accommodate tires up to 38”, and features an exclusive No Excuses 1 year warranty. Suggested retail pricing for the JK Wrangler rear CRD60R starts at $1799, with complete axles available from $2995.

i cant find info on a teraflex front dana 60

Dynatrac is hard to find too. i would have to email them or call them for their prices.
Those prices are enough to make me go with Currie instead of Dynatrac! However, these prices are for the JK...I wonder if the prices for the TJ are equivelent (can't find one "bolt in" on their website for the TJ).

I will call up Currie during the week and get a price quote (they seem to be closed over the weekend). If the Currie guy on here want's to PM me a quote i want the Rock JockIII with 4.88's and ARB's front and rear. I also want a high steer kit for the front. These need to be TJ bolt in ready (all brackets mounted)
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
3. Quality – Dynatrac makes housings, castings, shafts and forgings in the USA. Not China and India as others do. Aside from my patriotic beliefs, American metallurgy and process control are the very best in the world. Almost anyone can make some good parts, but making many good ones, all the time, over and over, with consistent quality is much harder. Third world nations may be cheap, but they are years behind in experience, manufacturing control and technology implementation. Quality requires effort and experience, not just a shipping container.
That sold me. I can't stand crap made in china, and I don't even want to spend money at a company that has any products being made there.

I'm either getting a set of Dynatracs for my JK, or I'm going to do custom 609s because they are lighter. The other aftermarket 60 guys are off the list.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 60 vs. Currie Rock Jock 60 vs. Dynatrac