Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TeraFlex 60 vs. Currie Rock Jock 60 vs. Dynatrac

Old 03-06-2010, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope to make this mod one of these days. Great info on this thread. I am rather envious! Have fun!

Originally Posted by Marine
I just thought I would post up and give my two cents. I have now been running Dynatrac ProRock 60's front and rear on my JK with the Tereflex 4" LCG long arm kit.

Here are my pros and cons list:

PROS:
1.) Absolutely the most beefy and solid built axle I have seen
2.) Very high quality on the welds and shipment
3.) Did I mention BEEFY (I had to buy an engine hoist to move the front around)
4.) Complete support for the ABS system on the JK with no issues
5.) Custom Iron center section that has 0.5" think 3.5" diameter tube pressed into it and then roset welded in place (no tiny set screwes holding the tubes in place)

CONS:
1.) I ordered and told them I was installing PSC hydro ram assist, but the front bracket doesn't support that without modification

Now, the true sign of if I think they are woth the $$ (They are more expensive than curries and Tereflexs setup). Yes, I would definetly buy again but would MAKE SURE that they bracketry on the front axle is what I am expecting and works with my mods.

I thought long and hard about the Currie setup (tereflex wasn't ready when I did my build) and to be honest, i would have saved about 900 - $1000 on the axles had I gone with Currie. But, I wasn't willing to get the thinner tubes that are bolted into an aluminum center section.

Here are a few photos of my Dynatrac ProRocks:

Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on, admit it. You wanted to buy an engine hoist anyway. Isn't getting a new tool to install a new mod half the fun?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bcrouse
Will any of the D60s fit a 16" wheel? I know the fronts get a bigger disc for the brakes......just wondering what the minimum wheel size is?
I got the "big brake kit" and the minimum was 17" not sure if you get the stock size brakes?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marine
I got the "big brake kit" and the minimum was 17" not sure if you get the stock size brakes?
Yes you can. You can either order the locker hubs with bigger brakes, or you can use the stock outers so you can keep the 5x5 lug pattern, along with stock brakes.

But thats kind of a waste IMHO. Use the stock outer shafts and smaller brakes. You have to change lug patterns anyway, might as well get new wheels.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by seer1
Come on, admit it. You wanted to buy an engine hoist anyway. Isn't getting a new tool to install a new mod half the fun?
Yeah...it really is kind of nice to have that anyway. It supports my next mod (HEMI POWER).
Old 03-15-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Jedi Master

its kinda a waste install a 60 an not have lockouts, if your going to keep the stock outters you might as well keep the 44 IMO..
Old 03-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

/sigh

I dont want to keep the stock outters. Do any of the D60s fit with a 16" wheel......YES or NO (back to kindergarden...please circle one)
Yes, you can use a 16" wheel on some D60 ProRock configurations. If you go with 5 on 5.5" BP or 6 on 5.5" BP you can use 16" wheels. This system will use a 11.25" rotor and single piston caliper. If you go to the 'Big brake option, you can use virtually any BP but you'll need 17" wheels. The 'Big Brake' option provides a 13.25" rotor and a dual piston caliper.

As for Marine's coments about the Ram bracket requiring modification: The bracktry on JKs (and TJs) is very elaborate. Different suspensions require different placement and even tuning of the suspension can require movement of brackets. With all the different brackets and their required alignment with tie rods, drag links, track bars, steering stops and steering rams it's amazing that you can get it all to fit without lots of trial and error fitment.

We really try to get all the proper brackets in their proper locations but it seems like no 2 rigs are close in layout, much less exactly alike. Getting it right the first time is our goal. We know our customer can buy Dana 60's for less money but we take pride in building a premium product, built with the best possible parts. We really appreciate your support.

Scott
Old 03-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Thanks Scott. Thats what I wanted to know. One can always upgrade to the big brake kit at a later date as well, correct?
Not usually because we don't want to sell it for some other mfgrs front end (we can't be sure it would fit). To add to one of our existing axles??? the question hasn't come up but I think we could work it out. Honestly it would be better to do it when you order first to get the proper brake bias and stopping power. The big brake kit was designed BECAUSE of the JK. It NEEDS bigger brakes (especially with large tires).

Scott
Old 03-16-2010, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Not usually because we don't want to sell it for some other mfgrs front end (we can't be sure it would fit). To add to one of our existing axles??? the question hasn't come up but I think we could work it out. Honestly it would be better to do it when you order first to get the proper brake bias and stopping power. The big brake kit was designed BECAUSE of the JK. It NEEDS bigger brakes (especially with large tires).

Scott

I couldn't agree more! I have been VERY impressed with thier big brake kit and can say that my JK unlimited with 37" tires stops better than it did stock with this brake kit.

Again, I want to tell everyone that I am VERY pleased with the axles and I agree with Dynatrac that getting the brackets perfect is difficult...Very nice product guys and I hope to never have to buy a axle shaft or have to worry about bent tubes or ground gears.

I may not have the largest rig (42"+ tires) but I feel that with these axles I can ride with no fear of having to be towed out of the trail because of axle problems.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

What about using the dual piston caliper on the 11.25" rotor? possible?
Nope...won't fit.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 60 vs. Currie Rock Jock 60 vs. Dynatrac