Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TeraFlex 4" versus ProComp "4" inch

Old 01-26-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CruserBruiser
sure are a lot of Pro Comp haters on this site I have a 4" pro comp lift and theres nothing wrong with it and it was cheap too...
Pick any product and you will find lovers and haters. And usually the haters outnumber the lovers for budget products.

Most of cut corners somewhere due to our budget, I know I would prefer 17" Hutchinson beadlocks instead of my stock rims (which many hate), but I would rather pump that coin into the suspension, engine and driveline.

Not meeting the amount of lift and rake expectations seems to be the number one complaint about lift kits. Even ride quality seems to be a distant second.

Lift kit manufacturers are challenged because there can be 1000+ lb differences between JKs depending on how they are equipped, so how do you pick your target weight and height?

IMO we would all be well served manufacturers provided a sample table of the expect amount of lift for front and rear of a new JK (any model year) with some increments in weigh (eg 250 lbs) as a guideline instead of the nebulous descriptions and nominal amounts in the product name they currently provide.

This is not rocket science although some seem to be lost out in space ...
Old 01-27-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
hate to bust it to you, but springs dont cause viberations. If anything you got lucky and the teraflex's just changed the pinion enough to stop the viberations
solfter springs CAN dampen vibrations. true the pinion angle changed - since the lift is closer to 5" now.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
solfter springs CAN dampen vibrations. true the pinion angle changed - since the lift is closer to 5" now.
this is a sincere question... can you explain this to me? honestly, i have never heard of how softer springs can dampen vibrations.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Default replace the springs with bricks

Originally Posted by wayoflife
this is a sincere question... can you explain this to me? honestly, i have never heard of how softer springs can dampen vibrations.
replace the springs with 4 solid supports that don't compress - essentially what was on the original kit using a 2" solid spacer on the rear.

Last edited by 69thunderbird; 01-27-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spinlock
Pick any product and you will find lovers and haters. And usually the haters outnumber the lovers for budget products.

Most of cut corners somewhere due to our budget, I know I would prefer 17" Hutchinson beadlocks instead of my stock rims (which many hate), but I would rather pump that coin into the suspension, engine and driveline.

Not meeting the amount of lift and rake expectations seems to be the number one complaint about lift kits. Even ride quality seems to be a distant second.

Lift kit manufacturers are challenged because there can be 1000+ lb differences between JKs depending on how they are equipped, so how do you pick your target weight and height?

IMO we would all be well served manufacturers provided a sample table of the expect amount of lift for front and rear of a new JK (any model year) with some increments in weigh (eg 250 lbs) as a guideline instead of the nebulous descriptions and nominal amounts in the product name they currently provide.

This is not rocket science although some seem to be lost out in space ...
this thread was started awhile ago and since then I have added some coil spring spacers to give me the "as advertised" amount of lift. I guess I was in denial about my lift but its all good now.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Default Ditching my Pro Comp too

I found this thread while searching around. I am also switching to the 4'' Teraflex kit with the flex arms.

I am glad to hear all the good things about the Teraflex, I can't wait, just a couple hundred more bucks to save up !!!

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 4" versus ProComp "4" inch