Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TeraFlex 4" versus ProComp "4" inch

Old 11-06-2009, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well ...

your opinion is what counts - if you like it you like it. some guys like big girls and some like dudes - not trying to change anyone, just inform.

my personal experience with procomp besides not being a 4" kit and causing tires to jam in the wheel housing (which probably bugged me the most) is ... front springs popping out continuosly even after purchasing and installing limiting straps, stiff ride, shock bushings defective (i know this was Daystar defect - but), replacement shock bushings popping out, driveline vibrations, and all the time and effort trying to FIX problems which most stemmed from the fact Poorcomp is not a true 4" lift.

let me know when you hi-center on your procomp (3.5") "4" inch lift and i'll be glad to pull you out!

Originally Posted by CruserBruiser
sure are a lot of Pro Comp haters on this site I have a 4" pro comp lift and theres nothing wrong with it and it was cheap too...
Old 11-06-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Man, I love the 4" TeraFlex lift, gotta start saving my pennies...
Old 11-06-2009, 11:29 AM
JK Junkie

congrats on the new lift....looks great.....Tera Flex rocks
Old 11-06-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CruserBruiser
sure are a lot of Pro Comp haters on this site I have a 4" pro comp lift and theres nothing wrong with it and it was cheap too...
I dont know anything about this lift except the bushings, do they even come with flex joints? not bashing just wondering
Old 11-06-2009, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

Default joints

all quality manufacturers come with johnny joints - currie, teraflex, etc. these joints are rebuildable, offer around 20-30 degrees rotation side to side, prevent excess stress on vehicle, greasable, and help eliminate bump steer caused in rigid/solid uni-bushing's that only rotate up and down.

check out video on johnny joints by johnny himself-

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...nnyjoints.aspx

Originally Posted by 08leocon
I dont know anything about this lift except the bushings, do they even come with flex joints? not bashing just wondering
Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Too bad yours didn't work. I bought the ProComp 2.5" lift and it resulted in 4" of lift after everything - including winch. Better than stock ride and superb lift.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Teraflex ROCKS!!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pictures look good!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Default no more driveline vibes!!!!

just want to note - after installing teraflex springs (to finally complete my teraflex lift) - NO MORE DRIVELINE VIBRATIONS!

for 2 years i've had driveline vibes with the PoorComp springs - spent weeks adjusting and re-adjusting arms, and lots of $$$'s taking to shops trying to adjust out the vibes thinking it was the pinion angle.

appears the TeraFlex flexible arms and PoorComps stiff springs was the culprit all along.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
just want to note - after installing teraflex springs (to finally complete my teraflex lift) - NO MORE DRIVELINE VIBRATIONS!

for 2 years i've had driveline vibes with the PoorComp springs - spent weeks adjusting and re-adjusting arms, and lots of $$$'s taking to shops trying to adjust out the vibes thinking it was the pinion angle.

appears the TeraFlex flexible arms and PoorComps stiff springs was the culprit all along.

hate to bust it to you, but springs dont cause viberations. If anything you got lucky and the teraflex's just changed the pinion enough to stop the viberations

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 4" versus ProComp "4" inch