Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Teraflex 2.5" Spring Lift on Black Sahara

Old 05-08-2010, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5" Spring Lift on Black Sahara

I installed this kit last weeknd on my Fiance's Jeep. It took about 6-7hrs with some help from a buddy. Very pleased with the quality and ride characteristics.

As I've read elswhere, the passenger side front spring is a PITA to get in but I used the factory jack as a spreader between the axle and frame. Also, I did not receive the 1/2" spacer for the rear that was noted on my parts list and in the instructions. Anyone else with this kit not get the spacer? I orderd from Northridge so I don't know if I should contact David or Teraflex. All in all though great kit and very easy (for me) to install.

THE KIT:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

GETTING COIL IN:

TO COMPARE:

Old 05-08-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looking good. I just installed my lift yesterday, I wish I had thought of using the factory jack on the axle.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Jedi

I take it you stuck with the stock shocks? and you are still impressed with the ride. From what I've read, if you were to go with the TF 9500(?) shocks as well, you would even be more impressed.
oh....btw.the fiance looks happy........that's a good thing.......lol
Old 05-08-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great man!

Now its time for some new rubber.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by codyjames
Looking good. I just installed my lift yesterday, I wish I had thought of using the factory jack on the axle.
I was pretty proud of myself for thinking of that one

I take it you stuck with the stock shocks? and you are still impressed with the ride. From what I've read, if you were to go with the TF 9500(?) shocks as well, you would even be more impressed.
oh....btw.the fiance looks happy........that's a good thing.......lol
The Jeep only has 14K on it so I figured I'd keep the stock ones even though they aren't the fancy Rubicon ones. And yes Fiance is happy!

Now its time for some new rubber.
Yep, just have to wait a few more paychecks....
Old 05-08-2010, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

My kit from Northridge came without the rear spacers too. But I noticed it before I tore my JK apart, so I called Joe at Treaflex and he immediately sent them out with no charge. Your fiance's JK looks good without them. But if it will be flexed I would want them in to keep the spring in place.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice now you need to lift the other one and put some 35's on both of them!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turbo
My kit from Northridge came without the rear spacers too. But I noticed it before I tore my JK apart, so I called Joe at Treaflex and he immediately sent them out with no charge. Your fiance's JK looks good without them. But if it will be flexed I would want them in to keep the spring in place.
I just emailed Northridge, hopefully they will send them as I would like a tad more lift on the rear.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Re: Teraflex 2.5" Spring Lift on Black Sahara

Definitely get them. The coils will settle and the back might end up a little lower than the front. Also be sure to put the rear isolator on with the TF spacer
Old 05-08-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks good. When are you going to lift yours?

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" Spring Lift on Black Sahara