Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TC linkage problem and some poser pics

Old 10-29-2008, 02:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool pics and nice flex! As for the linkage, been more than a few that have had the same problem. As for the dealer charge, it is common, though some of the better dealers have done it for free for people.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice Pics, sorry to here about your linkage problem
Old 10-29-2008, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

Yea, plastic. Musta saved Jeep a nickel
Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

The same thing happened to me last night. Rolling slow, in neutral, attempted to move tc lever from 4L to 4H and the tc popped into neutral leaving the lever flopping back and forth doing nadda. a quick look underneath and i noticed that little plastic bushing on the end of the cable had broke. stuck it back on and managed to get it into 2H and off I went.

Dealership has to order the part and they will fix it under warranty but the mechanic did start off with a bit of an attitude. "Where did you have it in 4L around here??" "You can't shift from 4L on dry pavement" etc, etc. I assured him I knew what I was doing and talked to him for a bit. We commenced to get on a friendly conversation about off-roading (he noticed the bent pinch welds and the scrapes and dents on the skid plates, not to mention they are full of dirt). He talked about the lifts they install there at the dealership and how understanding they are in regard to Jeepers coming through their service department. Then he pulls me off to the side and offers me some 09 Rubi take offs... rock rails and 18" Glaidiator wheels and 255/70 Bridgestone Duelers

We'll see, hope I can afford the tires and wheels but I'm all over the rails.....
Old 10-29-2008, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottrock
Then he pulls me off to the side and offers me some 09 Rubi take offs... rock rails and 18" Glaidiator wheels and 255/70 Bridgestone Duelers

We'll see, hope I can afford the tires and wheels but I'm all over the rails.....

I believe 18-inch Gladiators and Bridgestones would be Sahara takeoffs, not Rubi. Unless they changed for '09 ... but I don't think so, judging from the brochure.

To the OP: Some righteous flex there. Gawd-awful looking gray mud, though.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=Splash;762918]I believe 18-inch Gladiators and Bridgestones would be Sahara takeoffs, not Rubi. Unless they changed for '09 ... but I don't think so, judging from the brochure.[QUOTE]

You're right, the Gladiators are standard on Sarahas but these where still sittin on the floor next to the 09 Rubi on the rack. Maybe they came that way on the 09's Regardless, the wheels are what they are. Doubt I could afford em anyway atm.

End of hijack
Old 10-29-2008, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scottrock
The same thing happened to me last night. Rolling slow, in neutral, attempted to move tc lever from 4L to 4H and the tc popped into neutral leaving the lever flopping back and forth doing nadda. a quick look underneath and i noticed that little plastic bushing on the end of the cable had broke. stuck it back on and managed to get it into 2H and off I went.

Dealership has to order the part and they will fix it under warranty but the mechanic did start off with a bit of an attitude. "Where did you have it in 4L around here??" "You can't shift from 4L on dry pavement" etc, etc. I assured him I knew what I was doing and talked to him for a bit. We commenced to get on a friendly conversation about off-roading (he noticed the bent pinch welds and the scrapes and dents on the skid plates, not to mention they are full of dirt). He talked about the lifts they install there at the dealership and how understanding they are in regard to Jeepers coming through their service department. Then he pulls me off to the side and offers me some 09 Rubi take offs... rock rails and 18" Glaidiator wheels and 255/70 Bridgestone Duelers

Geez, the bushing is plastic as well? Never found it on the trail. I would have figured metal. Oh well. So...any vendors on here gonna fab up a metal threaded arm with say ... a cotter pin to secure it? I'd say about $19.99 ea. would be fair.

Last edited by jkexpeditions; 10-29-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Splash
I believe 18-inch Gladiators and Bridgestones would be Sahara takeoffs, not Rubi. Unless they changed for '09 ... but I don't think so, judging from the brochure.

To the OP: Some righteous flex there. Gawd-awful looking gray mud, though.
LOL on the mud, not sure what that was but it smelt funny to.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

While at the dealer I asked about a recalabration on my computer for the 29 inch to 32 inch tires. They said that they charge $90 because there are a bunch of calculations to do. Two different dealers told me this. Is this true? I recal'd my dodge and it was a simple jack in, tell it the new size...less than a minute.

Instead of having the dealer program it, check out the features/price on the ProCal.

Or if you want some performance tuning also, look into a Flashpaq.

Just doesn't make sense to pay that kind of money for a one-time program when you can spend a bit more and have all the added functionality!!
Old 12-24-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Junkie

Question, it seems you have quick disconnects for the swaybar links. Why didn't you put the link on the stud that you mounted on the body mount to hold it out of the way.

Quick Reply: TC linkage problem and some poser pics