Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tax Return Upgrades

Old 03-03-2016, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tax Return Upgrades

Post up what you're upgrading with your tax refund! Or if you're one of those unfortunate soles that has to make a sacrifice... are you selling any JK upgrades or your JK itself to pay Uncle Sam?

Myself you ask? Keeping it low key this year... just the MaxCare lifetime warranty. Getting a great deal through a friend at a Jeep dealership who assures me I won't have any problems with future repairs on my '12 JKR, even with the mods I have.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pfffft! Refund. Haven't had one of those since I was single and Jeepless.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:28 PM
JK Junkie

Pretty simple.

If you work you get enough back to buy a nice steak,

Don't work? Get thousands back for all your babies. Gross.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Likely true for some, however not all. I have a pretty good job and have since my early 20's.. always get a return. In fact, as the years went by- returns grew. All that means is I'm paying in more than I have to throughout the year, and have legally deductible expenses.
So, this year I'm pretty boring with my return allocation.. but last year- my warranty was just about up, so I finally felt comfortable upgrading to 35" nitto trail grapplers, a 2.5" RE lift, and a PS rock brawler rear bumper/carrier. Other little stuff too that nickel and dimed me for a while.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We got a tax return but the wife snatched. She's quick imma hafts be on my toes next year.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not exactly a tax refund, but the first pay of March is where I get my bonus (pronounced Bone-Us), so this year I spent $5100 on a Northridge built ProRock 44 with 4.88 gears, Eaton E-Locker, RCV shafts and Synergy joints. Now I need to do my taxes to get the $1000 I need for rear Ten Factory shafts, lower RK front control arms, Superchips FlashCal and rear master install kit so I can install the rear 4.88 gears. Then, I sell some blood, a kidney and some handfuls of seamen and I get a set of 5 STT Pro 37" tires. Hopefully. Tires may wait a year. Driving on 32" Willys/Rubi MT tires with 4.88 gears is going to suck.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by larry0071
Not exactly a tax refund, but the first pay of March is where I get my bonus (pronounced Bone-Us), so this year I spent $5100 on a Northridge built ProRock 44 with 4.88 gears, Eaton E-Locker, RCV shafts and Synergy joints. Now I need to do my taxes to get the $1000 I need for rear Ten Factory shafts, lower RK front control arms, Superchips FlashCal and rear master install kit so I can install the rear 4.88 gears. Then, I sell some blood, a kidney and some handfuls of seamen and I get a set of 5 STT Pro 37" tires. Hopefully. Tires may wait a year. Driving on 32" Willys/Rubi MT tires with 4.88 gears is going to suck.
I'm heading the same route, next for me is axles and motor swap.

The pr44 is so tempting bring as the rear can still be built up as you are definitely doing!
Old 03-04-2016, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sa29560
I'm heading the same route, next for me is axles and motor swap.

The pr44 is so tempting bring as the rear can still be built up as you are definitely doing!
Luckily, I have a 2014 with the 3.6L so an engine swap is not needed. I've never driven the 3.8L, but based on the constant talk about how weak it is.... I feel bad for my 3.8L Jeep brothers. The 3.6L is a very excellent engine, it serves really well in a Wrangler. I don't think one could want for much more.

Quick Reply: Tax Return Upgrades