Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tanimal/Limitless 2008 2D JK Build Thread!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepjk_packard
Very nice thread.
Originally Posted by Omani2010
Man I didn't want to spoil ur flow I was reading ur updates

Good work nd really nice rig, I got so busy with work I feel guilty for mine right now
Thanks for tuning in guys I appreciate it. Always nice to check my build and see someone dropped a comment or 2.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought a Tuffy under seat security drawer because last season when I was off-roading something got stolen out of my tent that was very valuable (typically I don't leave anything valuable in my tent but it slipped my mind):

Installation was a breeze and requires you to undo two seat bolts and slide it into place:

I love that the drawer pulls out all the way unlike the Bestop and the Tuffy was made in AMERICA:

As I continue to use the drawer I will update the thread with my thoughts but my first initial impression is that this drawer is stout!

Last edited by Limitless; 03-12-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I purchased the AntennaX 13" inch "off-road" antenna because I am tired of my stock antenna bouncing off my snorkel and making it sound as if I have carnage falling off my Jeep. I was extremely disappointed. I listen to the FM radio all the time and that is my constant source of "entertainment" in my vehicle. I installed this antenna without a doubt in my mind and thinking I wouldn't lose a noticeable amount of reception because of all the positive reviews, I was wrong. I immediately lost two of my favorite FM stations.The looks of the antenna are very appealing but the function just isn't there in my situation.

Maybe my snorkel was interfering with the antenna's performance but it is already off my Jeep and on it's way back to it's original home. I included some pictures below for reference of how high the snorkel is above the antenna.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got the Jeep back to the Badlands for my first trail run of the season and my first run with all my mods! For those of you familiar with the Badlands my big accomplishment of the weekend was getting up “Axle Breaker”!

Had to make sure the snorkel worked…and it does:

Nothing rubbing or squeaking to badly upon flex:

Ran the rock garden down by Orange trail that goes along the road back to the parking lot…Here’s us entering:

Warmed the tires up:

In the rock quarry and ran up that big cliff and then ran the smaller trails behind it:

Small rock hill in the sand dunes by the hay stacks:

Poser shots:

Flexed out:

Got stuck, it was like quicksand and a lot deeper than I thought, Drivers side was up to the bottom of the door :

Axle Breaker:

Got a full video of “Axle Breaker” unfortunately the pictures don’t do it justice but for anyone that’s been there it is a pain.

All in all an awesome weekend and very happy with my Jeeps capabilities, we ran a ton of trails and had about a day and a half of off-roading:

Old 04-16-2013, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

After my offroad extravaganza my heat shield decided it wanted to fall off and rattle the entire ride home (3.5 hours). Decided not to rip it off and to fix it because I believe it's there for a reason...or at least I hope.

In order to get to this heat shield and not have to contort your body into different shapes to even see where it's located I decided to drop off the muffler which can be a pain:

The bolt that attaches the clamp to the exhaust pipe is 9/16 and I hit it with some PB Blaster. After that was off you can twist and turn it a little bit in order to slide those hooks out of that rubber isolator. I also had to use some channel locks and a hell of a lot of force to pop them free.

Here is what these damn bolts look like and I used 7/16 on these bolts (heat shield holes opened up after some time and it fell right past the bolts):

A nice quick fix is just to get some huge washers:

Replace heat shield and run them back down:

Replace your muffler and use the channel locks to your advantage. No more rattle and that should hold for a decent amount of time
Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put my ACE Rock Rails to some good use this past weekend and was very happy with them considering they saved my ass on numerous occasions but I did want to mention one thing. When I ran "Axle Breaker" I had the Jeep tipped over on the drivers side rocker rail and it flexed more than I expected and actually damaged the pinch seam upon flex:

Not a huge deal considering how many positive things they did this weekend but for anyone considering grabbing these and putting them to good use just beware. Called ACE and Adam mentioned making sure the bolts were torqued properly (which they were) and also to consider pairing them with the stock Rubicon Rails because it would "strengthen them and cause less flex".

Hope it helps
Old 04-18-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Enjoy the videos and don't mind me thinking I would flip during axle breaker...anytime I three wheel it makes me cringe.

Splashing around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hj3VJYurPs Rock Garden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37J3MUm4zrU Axle Breaker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxD40qvpyrI
Old 05-08-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I was on my last wheeling trip I was having issues with that thin CB antenna bracket I made. It was bending and in time will break off so I had a buddy make something for me out of 1/4 steel he had laying around the shop. I don't think this thing will ever break:

Also I have a Synergy tie rod and Engo 9k synthetic winch sitting in my living room. Now I have to find the time to install it! Stay tuned!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my Synergy Tie Rod installed today and I am very pleased with it. The install took about an hour and I am toed in 1/8 of an inch and it drives perfectly. I absolutely LOVED how I could adjust the toe with the tie rod completely on the Jeep and how it came with the TREs over the Rock Krawler Tie Rod.

Here's a side by side of the stock tie rod and the Synergy:

1 ton ends:

Installed on the Jeep (Sorry about the blur):

Old 05-19-2013, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my Engo 9k synthetic hooked up and it's operable, sorry but I tossed the cover on because it started to drizzle and snapped a quick picture and then headed out to the off-road park for topless day!

RCV Performance came out and rode co-pilot and after they setup a display table and cooked a ton of food for us! Very nice guys:

I will have a ton more pictures/videos for you guys in the next couple days. Got some awesome shots but here's a teaser shot for now:

Quick Reply: Tanimal/Limitless 2008 2D JK Build Thread!