Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tanimal/Limitless 2008 2D JK Build Thread!

Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also picked up this book:

My father and I are hoping to make a MOAB trip this year or next and right now we have a ton of work to do on the XJ. But the book is awesome! Saw someone suggested it on the forum and figured I'd give it a shot but it is very informative and has maps and even what your odometer will be reading when you are about to encounter a new obstacle and how to handle that obstacle.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

If anyone happens to see any great deals on Warn winches please let me know! Might be volunteering as a trail guide at the Cliffs Insane Terrain for their 2nd Annual Jeep Thing on July 12th-14th/2013 and one of the requirements is to have a winch!

And here is a picture for you thread lurkers:

Old 02-14-2013, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Fabbed up a CB antenna bracket:

Can lift the hatch glass without hitting it on the antenna:

Put another bolt into the carrier and zip tied the coax cable down so it doesn't rattle against the gate:

Clears the tail light when the gate is fully open with no issue at all:

Bracket and bolts cost me $7 dollars total and some time. Will also wrap the coax cable in some electrical tape when it warms up to blend it better.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Started up the Jeep last night and my "electronic throttle control light" came on along with the "check engine light". Turned the Jeep off and restarted and the electrical throttle control light cleared but not the check engine light. Was driving and I was up at 3/4 of the way to overheating. Pulled into Autozone and grabbed some coolant and topped off my overflow tank which was down at "minimum". Turned the Jeep back over and the check engine light was gone but I was still 3/4 way to overheating. Haven't been through mud recently and didn't see any leaks coming from my water pump. Thinking it is the thermostat. I decided to fix this morning....

Went to go fire my Jeep up this morning to go get a new thermostat and it wouldn't start! I checked all the fuses, reset my computer back to "stock tune" with superchips and tried to pull any codes and there were none. Disconnected the battery and reset the "PCM adaptive memory". No leaking water pump. Tried shifting it from Park to Neutral and starting it with no success and battery was fine. Was at a loss so the Jeep has to take a ride....

Not happy about having to take it to the shop but it's beyond my minor mechanical abilities. Snow storm is coming tonight and I don't get to play now :( but I'll keep updates on this thread in case someone else has similar issues.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

So far the problem seemed to be a coolant temperature sensor. Would make sense, Jeep wouldn't start because it thought it was 1 billion degrees. Hopefully this is the fix. Very mad at myself because it's a 10 dollar part....
Old 02-28-2013, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Was running into 7-11 really quick and saw an opportunity to goof around a bit so I climbed the hill and stuffed my rear wheel all the way into the wheel well. Made me realize I need flat fenders, I don't need to cut my pinch seam and people really need to get out more. Had a couple people come out from 7-11 asking if it was my Jeep and started taking pictures, since they thought it was so cool I snapped a couple and decided to share

Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 PM
JK Freak

Nice build & awesome detailed thread!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sacdaddy03
Nice build & awesome detailed thread!
Thank you, doesn't seem to have a lot of followers here but I hope it helps a couple of you that tune in!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Very nice thread.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man I didn't want to spoil ur flow I was reading ur updates

Good work nd really nice rig, I got so busy with work I feel guilty for mine right now

Quick Reply: Tanimal/Limitless 2008 2D JK Build Thread!