Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tailgate Kit released!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
looks cool but a fart will blow it right off

What do you eat?
Old 07-29-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

I would rather spend the money on something else, no offense.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not diggin it. I don't see but one latch and that's in the factory location. Seems to be none on the passenger side. How would that side of the tailgate be kept secure?
Old 07-30-2009, 07:39 AM
JK Junkie

I think price point is going to be close to $300 or so....of course the TJ kits are $159......great owning a JK
Old 07-30-2009, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

I like it... depends on the price point. I wouldn't pay $300, I don't think.

I did have a cool idea to get this and run the spare-less look (from the exterior) - put the spare in the cargo area with a nice plexiglass shelf sitting on it (that covers entire cargo area) so you still have a flat storage space, etc. Put a little hinged door on the rear of my plexiglass floor, so I can store smaller stuff like blankets, tools, etc. inside along the tire. Thoughts?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I'm not diggin it. I don't see but one latch and that's in the factory location. Seems to be none on the passenger side. How would that side of the tailgate be kept secure?
Good point. I was thinking this, but did not feel like typing it out on my BlackBerry last night.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

The other thread I read on this said that the factory latching mechanism and the curve to the tailgate allow it to stay latched nice and tight despite no right side latching mechanism. I'm not sure how many miles of R&D and what speeds, etc. it's been put through to prove that, but just reporting what I've read elsewhere on lack of right side latch.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by steelefx4
If I remember correctly, the logo he used, is a modified logo that is meant to represent the new JK front end. This is his own one off design, and personally, I think he did a great job on the design. ...
It is a nice looking logo. But the problem is that "Jeep" is a trademarked word. No one can use it without the permission of Jeep. This is a good thing because otherwise we'd all suffer advertisements for "Nissan xTerra Jeep", Toyota FJ Cruise Jeep" and, God forbid, "Hummer H3 Jeep"!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks strong enough.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the look and will keep an eye out for a proper review of this setup ... but I have to say that I am very happy that there are people like him that look to build stufff like this.

Quick Reply: Tailgate Kit released!