Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tactical Assault JK?

Old 04-01-2008, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tactical Assault JK?

Weekend airsoft fun with some of my boys in Massachusetts. Can't wait till it gets warmer and I get my shrockworks sliders/rails so we can pack a bunch of us on the JK and get some action photos! Gratuitous photo of me and the guys, as well.

(editted for click free. dee de dee!)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep1.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	7602   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep2.jpg
Views:	831
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	7603   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep3.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	7604   Click image for larger version

Name:	antonprone.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	7605   Click image for larger version

Name:	aegiscreek.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	7606  

Last edited by aphazia; 04-01-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Sweet! I love Airsoft!
Here is my Classic Army airsoft gun:

Here is some of the real stuff:
Any Fellow Gun Enthusiasts Out There?

Old 04-01-2008, 09:20 PM
JK Freak

am i the only one who does not get the air soft thing? how do you "play" airsoft? i played paintball for many years pretty hardcore but i dont get this. paintballs you can see hits..how do you mark with these?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by voodoojk
am i the only one who does not get the air soft thing? how do you "play" airsoft? i played paintball for many years pretty hardcore but i dont get this. paintballs you can see hits..how do you mark with these?

I've wondered this too.

Or maybe I don't really need to know. I already have too many hobbies for my $$$.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aphazia

(editted for click free. dee de dee!)
WOW.........no snow on the ground, I had forgotten how that looks.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

You 'play' airsoft on the honor system.

Some immediately go 'that's stupid.'

Others immediately see why it's preferable.

Paintball, you hve the paint, sure- and the idiots who try to wipe so they can cheat. With airsoft, it's all honor system, thus it caters to honorable people. Cheaters don't last long in the sport since it's all honor and comraderie. You don't often (from my experience) see paintballers acknowledge they've been hit by waving an arm and going "HIT! Nice shot dude!" In airsoft that's par for the course.

Also, whereas paintball typically is speedball / elimination / cap the flag, airsoft ops, at least the way we run them, will be anywhere from 40 people to 300, and will run the length of the day, with multiple objectives, strategic locations, downed pilots and ostages to be rescued, etc. It's very much more "Mil-Sim" than just running around shooting folks with paint.

I can safely say that my airsoft buddies are the best buddies I have - the type of person that's drawn to airsoft I guess just tends to be top caliber. Anyone in the north east (NY NJ CT MA NH VT ME) that wants to come out and give it a go, all you have to do is drop me a PM. My team spans all those states and we get out roughly once every 3 weeks. Typically the field we use is in SW MA.

We have a handful of jeepers, too!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh - Yetibear- It had all just melted out recently. The soil under the grass was allll slop. It made movement up hills.. less than ideal. Hopefully I'll get back up your way to hit Jay Peak once more before you lose the snow!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Super Freak

I was a bigtime paintballer. I prefered milsim over speedball. But paintball just got too ridiculously expensive. Why pay 60 bucks for a good case of paint (2000 balls) when you can spend 10 bucks for the same amount? No air needed... just charge your batteries. I was big into paintball... I still have my M-4 modded A5 and everything... I even moderate a very successful paintball forum... but Airsoft is so much better in my opinion. Of course... it kinda depends on where you live. If paintball is more prevelant in your area than airsoft, then that may be the easiest thing to do because of participation levels. Airsoft is cheaper, cleaner, and more realistic. I used to think just like you... I loved paintball and thought airsoft was for sissies... until I played a game out at the Bad Karma field in Nashville. Airsoft convert for life now!

As for cheaters... we have ways of dealing with that too. If someone cheats... expect 4 or 5 guys to descend upon them and unload 500 rounds (each), on full auto, 400fps, at 5 feet away. After they clean the shit out of their pants, they are invited to play fair!

Cheating was another reason why I got turned off of Paintball. I attended a huge paintball game at a MOUT facility in Anniston Alabama with 300 players. I have never seen soo much wiping in my life. I was absolutely disgusted.

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 04-02-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Where in Mass is this? I'm from Mass and I find there are few places to wheel.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is private property near Granville, MA. Not a spot to wheel, really. There's a fire trail/ crappy road on the premises I can roll on if I like, but it's not a spot to wheel, it's a spot for airsoft.

That said, I hear that there's a spot right near the MA / CT border at Route 8. I haven't been there nor do I know how to access it, but I'd love to find out.

Groundrat, if you ever want to get up this way for some airsoft... jsut say the word. Our 'big op' for the year is the first weekend in May.

I hear Op Northern Wind is in Buffalo NY this year, as well. I've participate din Op: Irene at Zussman MOUT facility on Ft Knox 2x, and even went down there to do sim training as opfor a bit.

Quick Reply: Tactical Assault JK?