Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Synthetic rope clearance on ARB bumper

Old 09-10-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthetic rope clearance on ARB bumper

I was all set to order synthetic rope for my 9.5 on an ARB deluxe and noticed that the roller fairlead I now have is actually bolted to the inside portion of the double walled front of the ARB bumper and because of the space between the two walled portions of the front, the two side rollers is about all that protrudes from the front of my bumper. If I were to go to an aluminum hause, I would be bolting it to the inside part of that double wall, leaving a gap of approximately 2 inches before my rope clears the front part of the bumper. It seems to me the hause should be the last contact the rope has with my jeep. I am concerned about the synthetic rope clearing the outside wall on an angled pull. Would anyone have a picture of a synthetic setup on an ARB deluxe front bumperor a comment from experience?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Default Superwinch Fairlead Hawse

If you search for the terms arb bumper fairlead hawse, you'll most likely have your answer.

Some action shots a search won't reveal: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/choccolocco-orv-al-ga-meet-greet-68226/

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 09-10-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the picture. That is just what I needed to see. It appears the fairlead takes up most of that space I was concerned about. I used different search words and got nowhere. Funny how simple it seems when someone else offers words that should have come to my mind, anyway, thanks again for the picture. I think I will go ahead and make the purchase.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jktrooper
Thanks for the picture. That is just what I needed to see. It appears the fairlead takes up most of that space I was concerned about. I used different search words and got nowhere. Funny how simple it seems when someone else offers words that should have come to my mind, anyway, thanks again for the picture. I think I will go ahead and make the purchase.
Glad I could help. By the way, welcome to the forum!!

Quick Reply: Synthetic rope clearance on ARB bumper