Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sweet roof rack

Old 08-01-2008, 09:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Nice idea - so here is my list of suggestions for a rack design.

1) front mount to front (two holes where windscreen light mounts) and side (two holes on windscreen pillar), but add a new point to mount windscreen lights, preferably an inch forward of MOPAR windscreen light points.

2) work with AEV and other snorkel designs.

3) wide enough to (if wanted) allow a void in rack top to allow sunrider to open

4) low profile, no more than 6" above windscreen top (on level Jeep) at any point.

5) easy to tilt (somehow) to allow softtop to come down

6) mounting points (to body is OK) just behind door and in rear (perhaps like rack in this thread)

7) back up light mounting point(s)

8) I, for some reason, like the rear ladder idea of the GOBI rack

9) high enough load capacity for roof mount tent.

I have one more thing to add ( but it will push the price of the build up)

we can make the arms that mount to the jeep on the sides and front rise and lower using pistons that are integrated inside the side arms.

The reason why I say this is for more clearance when changing tops or switching to sunrider.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Nice idea - so here is my list of suggestions for a rack design.

1) front mount to front (two holes where windscreen light mounts) and side (two holes on windscreen pillar), but add a new point to mount windscreen lights, preferably an inch forward of MOPAR windscreen light points.

2) work with AEV and other snorkel designs.

3) wide enough to (if wanted) allow a void in rack top to allow sunrider to open

4) low profile, no more than 6" above windscreen top (on level Jeep) at any point.

5) easy to tilt (somehow) to allow softtop to come down

6) mounting points (to body is OK) just behind door and in rear (perhaps like rack in this thread)

7) back up light mounting point(s)

8) I, for some reason, like the rear ladder idea of the GOBI rack

9) high enough load capacity for roof mount tent.

I think you need to send this list to a bunch of manufacturers. My wife wants me to get a roof rack really bad and this is almost identical to the list we have going. Too bad it would take $5k to get one even close apparently.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

Anybody notice the mudflaps on this Jeep? They look hydraulic in case a rock hits them so they fold back it seems.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by RubiConz; 08-02-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepnoob
Anybody notice the mudflaps on this Jeep? They look hydraulic in case a rock hits them so they fold back it seems.

[/QUOTE]

the mopar mudflps bend in every rock very easy and spring back to place,,I have them and happy with thier performance

Quick Reply: Sweet roof rack