Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

suspension

Old 11-21-2008, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile suspension

I am interested in buying the coil over front and back suspension from off road evolution and was wondering if there is anybody that have this setup and can give me their ideas about it. I have a 2007 rubicon unlimited and my wife has said I can go uo to 37 inch tires for the time being.:
Old 11-21-2008, 09:29 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ctimrun has this setup with a TeraFlex Long Arm kit. You can read his review here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/teraflex-la-upgrade-kit-evo-coilovers-37s-my-unlimited-rubi-57860/

We also have this setup but with TeraFlex Short Arms. You can read about our install here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/project-jk-gets-off-road-evolution-evo-flex-part-1-front-coil-overs-52448/
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/project-jk-gets-off-road-evolution-evo-flex-part-2-rear-evo-lever-53305/

Is there something specific you would like to know?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also intersted in going coil over suspension. I am currently running 3" FT ultimate suspension.

I am also in the process of upgrading my front and rear to solid D60s. Would the coil over system compatiable with my new setup.

What exactly do i require to upgrade to coil over system. I am thinking of doing the coil over for just the front.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:39 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Zak
I am also intersted in going coil over suspension. I am currently running 3" FT ultimate suspension.

I am also in the process of upgrading my front and rear to solid D60s. Would the coil over system compatiable with my new setup.

What exactly do i require to upgrade to coil over system. I am thinking of doing the coil over for just the front.
Yes, the Evo coilovers would be compatible with your solid 60s, but you will want to wait until you have the new axles before doing the coilovers since some welding to the axle is required. Your FT control arms will work great with the coilovers.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by wayoflifette
Yes, the Evo coilovers would be compatible with your solid 60s, but you will want to wait until you have the new axles before doing the coilovers since some welding to the axle is required. Your FT control arms will work great with the coilovers.

if he's going that route, he might just want to go with a sub-assembly from solid without the mounts on the axle.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
if he's going that route, he might just want to go with a sub-assembly from solid without the mounts on the axle.
No, a regular axle assembly will be needed as the coilover bracket is welded to the existing stock mounts.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:58 AM
JK Jedi Master

well, look at that! I thought the old stuff was cut off.

Do they make a kit for a new axle?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:08 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Piginajeep

well, look at that! I thought the old stuff was cut off.

Do they make a kit for a new axle?
Not that I know of.

Quick Reply: suspension