Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Super chips vivid #538750

Old 01-03-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $75 rebate off superchips vivid

http://www.superchips.com/Customers/HolidayRebate.aspx
Old 01-03-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

How much is the Vivid going for?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ricksjeep10
How much is the Vivid going for?
599 seems to be retail...check around you might do better. feel free to check out jsc as i posted.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

How are you liking the Vivid so far?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
How are you liking the Vivid so far?
I am very pleased. Still on my first tank of 91, and driving it daily. I don't have any experience with another power tuner to compare too, but I can definately feel the difference like night and day. With the 35's and 4:10 and my 6 speed pulling out in first felt almost bogging at times....with tune, I totally forget that I am running 35's. I feel I am learning gear change spots again too, so I know its making more power.

I wonder if the 91 vivid tune is any different than the flashpaq 91 tune?

There is a testing and data logging feature I haven't used yet, when I get to that this will be the true way to keep the perf increase honest instead of this gut feeling by the seat of the pants but dyno as of current.

All around my JK is much more driveable with the 91 tune. I'll try the 87 tune on trips etc, but mostly I've been just going back and forth to work, so a broader review will come with time.

So far I feel it was worth every cent and very glad I didn't get the flashpaq.

Like I said earlier in posts you have to follow the directions, (which if you do is really easy). I messed up a few times with the programming screens, you have to turn the stock setting off and go with your custom setup on each specific screen in the advanced set-up mode. This was more just becoming familar with learning the app layout than poor design. Anybody used to android op system will have no problem and those unfamilar may just have to take their time at first and make sure to follow what the screen says.

I was also surprised to have to enter my transfer case low and high ratio, the latter of which I am embarassed I had to google....
Old 01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Good to hear. I'm hoping to pick one up and try all the tranny tunes for my automatic. The Vivid sounds incredible
Old 01-06-2012, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Does anyone know if this will recalibrate the speedo and mileage to be accurate with the bigger tires and new gears?

I am pretty sure this is what it does but wanted to be sure.

I also placed a bid on one of these on ebay for 550.00 with shipping included, and they accepted. Seems like the best deal now after the 75.00 rebate expired just the other day on the 4th. What do you guys think?

Last edited by JRunner01; 01-06-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JRunner01
Does anyone know if this will recalibrate the speedo and mileage to be accurate with the bigger tires and new gears?

I am pretty sure this is what it does but wanted to be sure.

I also placed a bid on one of these on ebay for 550.00 with shipping included, and they accepted. Seems like the best deal now after the 75.00 rebate expired just the other day on the 4th. What do you guys think?
Yes it will. It also does advanced tuning for the automatic transmission and much, much more
Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Yes it will. It also does advanced tuning for the automatic transmission and much, much more
Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know if the price sounds good? I took a stab and made an offer of 550.00 including the shipping and they bit.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JRunner01

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know if the price sounds good? I took a stab and made an offer of 550.00 including the shipping and they bit.

Thanks!
Considering it comes with the Archos tablet it's not bad. However, for who already has one it's kind of a waste. They plan to release one for who already has the Android tablet or a cellphone.

Quick Reply: Super chips vivid #538750