Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

STUPID things you've done while working on your JK

Old 11-21-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worst I've done is try to do a clutch swap using a bad hydraulic jack to lower the trans. Yeah the pressure released and it crashed down on me and my arm. The tranny isn't light especially when your on your back. Oh and full. :doh
Old 11-28-2011, 08:34 PM
JK Freak

Switched wheels for the winter in the dark and forgot to finish tightening the front drivers side wheel...

My wife had the jeep on the thruway and said that between 55-60 the jeep shook like it was going to fall apart so she decided to go faster and it went away. I went out to check the jeep and the wheel was about to fall off!

Very lucky!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dcharge74
This thread is for anyone that has had one of those ,,, or moments while trying to mod their Jeep. Come on, we've all had them. Now you can go ahead and share your moment in the sun with the rest of the forum. Please try and hold off on the flaming. Everyone screws up at least once in their life. And to prove my point, I'll start.....

Over a month ago, I made a futile attempt to install my TF front lower control arms in my driveway, by myself. After a few hours of struggling to get the first one on, I gave up and re-installed the stock arm. Well, over a month and TWO wheeling trips later(one of which was a three hour drive one way), I decided that today was a good day to extend my breathers. I lay down under the Jeep and this is the first thing that I see...........
doh:
What? That's not factory?
Old 11-29-2011, 03:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepchief

Never left the plug out but once I lost about 3 qts because when I put the new filter on I didn't realize that the old filter rubber ring thing detached fromt the filter and stayed up in the oil filter location, crooked and left a nice gap for the black gold to come oozing out.
I did that once as well. Except it was on a Honda accord. Everything looked good after the oil change. All was tight no leaks so I proceed to back the car off the ramps. Needless to say I had 4 quarts of oil all over my floor and inside my engine bay. Scared the shit out of me too. I make point to check for the old gasket before I put the new filter on now.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was installing my nitro axle sleeves and needed a little more light. So I laid my drop light on my xenon flat flare. All was good for about 5 minutes until I noticed black drops on the shop floor. Long story short. I melted my fender flare.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2138063656.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	414057  

Last edited by Mhare; 01-25-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Funny

This thread is hilarious The posts about the wheels coming off made me laugh so hard I woke my wife up! Keep 'em coming
Old 01-25-2013, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

I accidentally drilled through my windshield washer reservoir. Nothing a little silicone won't fix...I hope.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by daggo66
I was installing new coil springs in 95 degree heat. I switched out the drivers side with no problem. I supported the axle with a floor jack and obviously had to lower it some to fit the taller spring. I brought the jack over the pasenger side and lowered the jack until I could pull the spring out. I then started to install the new spring. No matter what I tired it wouldn't fit. I pushed down on the axle and struggled to get it in, but it wasn't budging. I was sweating profusely due to the heat and was now getting light headed so I decided to take a break. I was sitting nearby drinking a cold beverage while comtemplating my next move. Would I have to give up and put the old springs back in?

After staring at the situation a little more, it dawned on me that the jack was still fully supporting the axle. I went over, lowered the jack and slipped the new spring in.
Ahahaha same thing happend to me! I felt so stupid.. I literally struggled with that spring for a good hour and couldnt figure it out.. The i was like oh woops..
Old 01-25-2013, 11:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mhare
I was installing my nitro axle sleeves and needed a little more light. So I laid my drop light on my xenon flat flare. All was good for about 5 minutes until I noticed black drops on the shop floor. Long story short. I melted my fender flare.
That would piss me off ... I did something like that with my xj. It will bug u until you replace it
Old 01-25-2013, 11:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, my wife and I were putting a box spring into the back of the Jeep and it wasn't fitting well, so she grabs the gas shock for the rear glass and bends it so the box spring could clear...

I was sooo angry.

The damn thing still doesn't close smoothly.

Quick Reply: STUPID things you've done while working on your JK