Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

STUPID things you've done while working on your JK

Old 01-28-2013, 09:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ow. That looks like it hurt, how did you do it??
Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was putting on my RC body lift( by myself) while using a cheap harbor freight jack to lift the body off the frame.as I reached in to grab the factory body mount spacer the HF jack lost some of its lift and dropped the tub on my middle and ring finger pinning my hand.i panicked and yelled for help from a lady walking her dog but she seemed to speed walk faster away from me.after regaining composure I managed to stretched my arm far enough to get a half a pump on the jack handle and yanked my hand out.after an ER visit I found out my fingers were not broken but was left with permanent nerve damage and still can't feel have no feeling on the sides of those two fingers...
The things we do for our jeep
Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pulled the drain plug for an oil change... Realized the oil catch pan was still on the work bench.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This happened in 08: was taking the doors off for the first time and was wearing my ACUs. I forgot that I had my ASIs pinned on and scratched the living sh** out of my door when I took it off.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had to change the water pump today so I thought I would take care of the very slow leaking front diff cover and change the oil. Had this feeling of being thorough and complete all day. Saved the oil for last and completely spaced changing the oil filter. Noticed the filter sitting in the box when I went back to the work bench to get the 6th quart. Been doing my own oil changes for 25 years and never once forgot to change the filter. Anyone ever done that and if so do you think the filter can go another 1500 before a change?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:24 AM
JK Newbie

I was welding together a little snowboard rack mounting where the rear tire carrier came off of. When im in the shop i usually wear the same beat up ripped stained and stinky pants to keep from ruining more, well, previously i had been working on an Audi fuel filter, and ended up shooting some sparks onto my crotch, which was gassy, and poof, almost burned through my pants.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

I was taking out the seats with just a wrench, and totally cut up the hand of a friend who was helping me because I needed a lot of torque, he kindly made me aware of the advantages of a small hollow pipe for torque... I suck with tools I guess.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Was putting the hard top back on, got all the bolts finger tight but couldn't find the socket and ratchet. Looked for about an hour, found them between the top and sound bar. Had to take the top back off to get them
Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump this one as well!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Very nice revival!

So was doing ball joints at a fellow jeepers place. The axle was just a housing so it was on the ground while we worked. Myself and an unnamed jeeper popped out two ball joints with little effort. When it came to the third one, we struggled. Impact, hammer, cursing, anger and breaks, this SOB wouldn't budge. Finally after what seemed like hours we sat there defeated. We I realized, the press was on the wrong way. We were tightening and not releasing the ball joint. It only took 10 mins after that to get the last two out!!

Quick Reply: STUPID things you've done while working on your JK