Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stubby Mopar Bumper

Old 12-09-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stubby Mopar Bumper

I recently stubbied my Mopar bumper and thought I'd share the pictures. I thought some of the other Mopar bumper guys would like to see what I did for some ideas if they wanted to do it theirs.

Here's what the original looked like.

I wish I did a write up on this but it was something that I did at the spur of the moment. However, I did put some thought into it before I started cutting. I left the bumper on and used a Sawzall to do the cut.

Obviously, I grounded down and smoothed the cuts and then used the cut-off material to box in the ends. It was really easy to make a template. I just held a piece of cardboard on the end of the bumper and traced from the inside.

Then I welded the end pieces in (recessed a little) ground down the welds and tapered the end pieces with body filler to the bumper. I think it gives it a more factory look.

Lastly I hit it with the JK Forum favorite, DupliColor Truck Bedliner.

The stamped in Jeep logo from the original gives it a kind of factory look. At least that's what I think.

That's it. The job took me about 2 hours.

Hope you like it.

Last edited by madmax92104; 02-02-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks sick dude. this is crazy i was laying in bed last night thinking about doing this to my mopar this weekend. i think i will now. thankssss
Old 12-09-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

I want to cut my bumper too Now I can see a preview
Old 12-09-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax92104
I recently stubbied my Mopar bumper and thought I'd share the pictures. I thought some of the other Mopar bumper guys would like to see what I did for some ideas if they wanted to do it theirs.
Dude I love how the lines from the chop flow into your bumper!

Then I welded the end pieces in (recessed a little) ground down the welds and tapered the end pieces with body filler to the bumper. I think it gives it a more factory look.

Hope you like it.
And the attention to detail is awesome...LOOKS GREAT!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks sweet! I thought about doing this after I put the PJ shackles on the other summer, but I never really got too serious about it. I really like it, will probably have to reconsider it now.

Now just need to get the stock fogs back in, and the bumper will be like it should have been in the first place...
Old 12-09-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by madmax92104

I wish I did a write up on this but it was something that I did at the spur of the moment. However, I did put some thought into it before I started cutting. I left the bumper on and used a Sawzall to do the cut.

Obviously, I grounded down and smoothed the cuts and then used the cut-off material to box in the ends. It was really easy to make a template. I just held a piece of cardboard on the end of the bumper and traced from the inside.

Lastly I hit it with the JK Forum favorite, DupliColor Truck Bedliner.

The stamped in Jeep logo from the original gives it a kind of factory look. At least that's what I think.

That's it. The job took me about 2 hours.

Hope you like it.
Dude, that is sick. Why doesn't Mopar offer something like that?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by csorensen
That looks sweet! I thought about doing this after I put the PJ shackles on the other summer, but I never really got too serious about it. I really like it, will probably have to reconsider it now.

Now just need to get the stock fogs back in, and the bumper will be like it should have been in the first place...
I mounted my KC fogs right in front of the down tube's of the grill guard. I just didn't mount them at the time of the pictures. It looks really nice.

Thanks all for the compliments.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

Fantastic job! Nice welds too!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks great.....
Old 12-09-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Very nice job man! Looks much better in my opinion A+!

Quick Reply: Stubby Mopar Bumper