Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Strong Argument for the 4 Door

Old 03-23-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Norby0311
Not to rag on 4 doors but you basically just stated why a 2 dr is better on 3 out of 4 things. Turns tighter, harder to get high centered(wheel base), weight, but doesn't ascend or descend hills as well. Those are really the 4 major things you need to worry about... Unless you want to tie in passenger capacity or storage space. But that's not really what a jeep is about. So in all fairness a door really is better from a practical stance. Don't get me wrong I want a four door but you just can't beat a two door on those 3 out of 4 things
Like I said, watch wayoflife's moab series and then tell me how good a 2 door is.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jk.bushwacker
i've gotten way more concrete in the back of my two door than that prob 10x as much.
i could easily haul all that and more esp since i have the kongo cage, and i do love me some tight trails too. just saying....
ahhhh, good point, the kongo cage changes things.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blade

Like I said, watch wayoflife's moab series and then tell me how good a 2 door is.
Like I said listen to your argument... Besides that's what a winch is for and steep hill climbs and giant roacks arent the only terrain out there.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Plenty of folks report being able to sleep (camp) in the JKU, many time two people.

If the debate rages on too far, the only option is to have both a JK and a JKU. WIN!

Old 03-23-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dan3jeeps
Plenty of folks report being able to sleep (camp) in the JKU, many time two people.

If the debate rages on too far, the only option is to have both a JK and a JKU. WIN!

Amen I second this train of thought. Best of both worlds. But until I can quit spending money on my JKU I will continue to enjoy offroading with 3 friends and all of our camping gear and not having to strap it on my roof to be able to fit it in. If I have to make a 3-point turn every now and then I am not going to be heartbroken.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Uh-hu.

Nuh-uh.

Uh-hu.

Nu-uh.

Uh-hu.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

I was shocked at what my jku would climb compared to my 2 door. I could never go back to a 2 door now. With two big dogs in the back I never had much room for cargo. It's the best of both worlds. Love taking 4 or 5 people wheeling and having room for gear or dogs. Better ride too.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love my 4 door. So far it's gone everywhere my previous CJ's went except on the back of a rollback!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

2 door became a non option when she showed up. So far I really dig it. Far more room the my XJ, better ride, and no death wobble. I'd like to have the turning radius of my old YJ, the 4.0 from my 96' XJ, and the propane option from my 84' XJ; but for my life style and realistic use- my JKU is great!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:19 AM
JK Super Freak

I love my JKU I wouldn't have fine any other way with my first jeep. & I don't ever see myself getting rid of it. That being said once I have the JKU paid off im getting an older 2 door & beefing it up so I have double the fun.

Quick Reply: Strong Argument for the 4 Door