Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Strong Argument for the 4 Door

Old 03-23-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jfleur91
good point. But lets not start WW3 with this 2d vs. 4d thing
Agreed. This was just to show some love for the 4dr. Everybody loves the 2dr, but their seem to be some haters on the 4dr. This thread was to show some 4dr perspective on why we love it.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 door is it
Old 03-23-2012, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I wish I had a 4 door at times like now when I am running to the store for pavers, concrete, and sand. However, I was able to put 15 conder blocks, 300 lbs of concrete mix, and 300 lbs of sand bags in the 2 door last weekend. More room woulda been nice, but I make it work when I need to.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Love the fact I can stuff people in a jku with enough room for biking or fishing gear! Haven't tried it for camping yet but I'm sure it will be the same! I think in a 2dr it would be limited! I do like the 2drs but I felt the 4dr would serve my purposes better!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I knew someone would bring that up. My comparison, and the thread, has to do with useable space inside the Jeep.
Yes, i knew that, that's what the wink was for !!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you watch wayoflife's videos on Youtube, you will see a series on a trip to moab where the 4 doors had alot easier time both climbing and coming back down. I feel the only benifit to a 2 door is the turn radius. The added weight and wheelbase make the JKU much better at climbing, just don't get it high centered.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Blade
If you watch wayoflife's videos on Youtube, you will see a series on a trip to moab where the 4 doors had alot easier time both climbing and coming back down. I feel the only benifit to a 2 door is the turn radius. The added weight and wheelbase make the JKU much better at climbing, just don't get it high centered.
Or have a need to make tight turns
Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not to rag on 4 doors but you basically just stated why a 2 dr is better on 3 out of 4 things. Turns tighter, harder to get high centered(wheel base), weight, but doesn't ascend or descend hills as well. Those are really the 4 major things you need to worry about... Unless you want to tie in passenger capacity or storage space. But that's not really what a jeep is about. So in all fairness a door really is better from a practical stance. Don't get me wrong I want a four door but you just can't beat a two door on those 3 out of 4 things
Old 03-23-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

If I truly need four doors and cargo room then I need a Grand Cherokee. I am actually considering one instead of the JK for that reason and even drove one this week.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Suspector X
If I truly need four doors and cargo room then I need a Grand Cherokee. I am actually considering one instead of the JK for that reason and even drove one this week.
I kinda want one too, where 4 doors are concerned that is the baby to have!

Quick Reply: Strong Argument for the 4 Door