Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Strengthening stock drag link end

Old 06-27-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
I ditched the OEM tie rod in favor of a Currie with it's own HD ends. At the time, I was unaware of Moog ends for the OEM tie rod. In retrospect, I should have saved about $280 by keeping the stock tie rod and just replacing the ends with the Moog ends. My only concern with the OEM drag link is the end to the knuckle side. It does not have a provision to replace it with a HD end. There are replaceable drag links that come with their own HD knuckle end a Moog replaceable end on the Putman arm.

To your question, Screamin Lizard Customs did my install on the parts. I can put skid plates, bumpers, rock rails on myself, but scared to death to mess with suspension components!
Seeing as how all my clunking is coming from the drag link and tie rod ends with the OEM ball joints, replacing the pitman arm end on the drag link, and the two tie rod ends (3 out of 4 of the problem ends) should be more than enough to eliminate most of the clunking. Worse come to worse, I could get a beefier drag link down the road if necessary...thanks for all the info. I am assuming that keeping all the end-to-end measurements the same after replacement ends are installed will do the trick.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

I switched my out this weekend for a bigger and stronger MOOG end. It has a grease fitting in it and looks great
Old 06-27-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MitchPat
I switched my out this weekend for a bigger and stronger MOOG end. It has a grease fitting in it and looks great
Awesome brother!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome brother!
I ordered mine from Amazon today. $22.08 and for whatever reason they did free overnight shipping for Prime instead of the normal 2-day. Thanks for the heads up!!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MitchPat
Switched 'my' what?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

For those who have swapped in the MOOG tie rod ends, what did you use to remove the OEM drag link and tie rod ends?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Is the ES3624 Moog tie rod end that works on the drag link end at the pitman arm the same one used to replace both tie rod ends (same Moog stock #)?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by glwood6
Is the ES3624 Moog tie rod end that works on the drag link end at the pitman arm the same one used to replace both tie rod ends (same Moog stock #)?
I sent you a PM but for the rest viewing;
This part ES3624 is only for the drag link. The tie rod has 2 tre ends that Moog now makes!!!
ES800593 Right
ES800594 Left
Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

I sent you a PM but for the rest viewing;
This part ES3624 is only for the drag link. The tie rod has 2 tre ends that Moog now makes!!!
ES800593 Right
ES800594 Left
Unless you have a rock krawler tie rod.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^I've been thinking of doing this as the oem boot on my draglink is torn and i hear a clunk when pushing up and down on my bumper. I keep hearing about currie steering parts breaking and rusting.

Quick Reply: Strengthening stock drag link end