Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Store the doors

Old 05-23-2021, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Store the doors

Built a little storage are in the garage for doors and soft top. Planning to keep the doors off until it gets cold in Myrtle Beach. On the shelves are cut gym mats to cushion the door bottoms. I didn’t want a hanger solution as I have those plastic vent shields at the top. Simple and quick build. Now to order a bikini shade/top.

Last edited by TheKmanMB; 05-24-2021 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks like it works great. My only fear would be the top two doors finding their way on the ground. Are they secured?
Old 05-24-2021, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 136 Likes on 121 Posts

You got a lot packed into a little space there, that's awesome. My doors take up a whole wall in the garage on a the hinge hanger, and the hard top takes some more space on the work bench. I also go full naked all summer and the shade is ESSENTIAL. I have a Spiderweb shade myself, but there are a few good options out there.

I don't have a great shot of my setup, but you can see the doors and a corner of the hard top further in.

And the shade

The following users liked this post:
Kevin Christofora (06-20-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dirt Hammer
Looks like it works great. My only fear would be the top two doors finding their way on the ground. Are they secured?
I shook the shelf as much as I could to see of the doors would shift. No movement. I did buy 4 screw eyes to install so I could use a strap or one of those strong rubber bungee cords to add a layer of peace of mind. I will likely install that part today or tomorrow.
The following users liked this post:
Dirt Hammer (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
You got a lot packed into a little space there, that's awesome. My doors take up a whole wall in the garage on a the hinge hanger, and the hard top takes some more space on the work bench. I also go full naked all summer and the shade is ESSENTIAL. I have a Spiderweb shade myself, but there are a few good options out there.
I don't have a great shot of my setup, but you can see the doors and a corner of the hard top further in.
And the shade
I was going for the minimum space disruption possible. I had enough room that I could have used put another 2x10 in front, making the shelf 20 inches deep and leaned the doors against each other, basically stacking them 2 high and 2 deep. Obviously with something between them for protection. The shelf is 60" wide and you can see the doors overhang a bit for about another 10 inches. The other way, I could have gone 20" deep and roughly 38" wide, but then I am still stuck with where to store the soft top. I might add some mounts to hang the hard top from the bottom of the upper shelf.
Old 05-24-2021, 06:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

This is sure one of those things that is nicer when you only have 2 doors. Storing 4 doors just takes up so much space.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

And the shade

Where did you get the mirror relocation bracket? I haven't seen any of the factory relo brackets that mount on the hinge.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 136 Likes on 121 Posts

Those are Die-Tech Off Road mirror brackets. You need a set of factory mirrors to mount onto them, I got a less expensive set from quadratec and I was very happy with them. For a permanent doors off solution they are the best I found. I do prefer the qt mirror movers though, I haven't swapped mirrors in years no matter what the door situation is.

Quick Reply: Store the doors