Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stock stereo is Horrible... HELP!!!

Old 03-02-2012, 01:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try amazon I got all 4 speaker for 150 vs the 150 for just 1 pair at other websites. These are the same kicker that everyone put in as well took like 30 mins to install all 4.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ziggy21
I'm reading this thread and thinking I'd love to swap out my overhead speakers.. I've been disappointed in the stock soundbar from day 1!! I have a Sahara with the Infiniti head unit. Will the quadratc kicker speakers be ok without an additional amp?
I just did an install on my friend's 2010 jeep and i used 6.5 kicker all around wired to a 600 watt 4 ch amp wired to his factory radio and he noticed a huge difference right away.He didn't want a sub but i suggest a 5 ch amp if you want a complete setup.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Whatever you decide, make sure your best speakers are in the front of the vehicle. The sound bar speakers are really just kind of filler. If you're on a budget, you may want to consider retaining your head unit and trying an amp and new front components. I dealt with it while I saved enough to do a complete overhaul, but if I wanted to do it in stages, I would have gone amp + front components first.

My set-up...

- Pioneer DVD4400 HU
- Rockford Fosgate Prime speakers all around
- Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow mount sub
- Rockford 250x4 amp

I didn't want to break windows or annoy the neighbors. Just wanted pure, balanced, discreet sound. And I got it.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took a slightly cheaper but better sounding route. The rear shelf speakers out of a Challenger are Boston Accoustics and make the kickers sound bad. They are only $35 each, use the original 3 tab mounting, and use the same connector. Cheap and effective, and they have incredible clarity and range.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Great. Thanks for all the advice!!

Quick Reply: Stock stereo is Horrible... HELP!!!