Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

stock front dana 44 with a better caster

Old 08-17-2011, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default stock front dana 44 with a better caster

okay, i plan on beefing up my stock front dana 44. its gonna get sleeved, gusset'd, re-geared, upgrade ball joints and welded t/b barkets. the only problem ive ran into is that no matter what upgrade or component i buy. the caster angle is still an issue. now i know i can slove this porblem by just replacing the axle and going with a prorock 44, but 2000 is a big dent in my "jeep funds". how hard would it be to change the caster on a dana 44? tools and equipment should be problem. gotta love having the right friends, but would the task be a big under taking?
Old 08-18-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

changing the caster angle is done by adjusting the control arms.

i must be missing something
Old 08-18-2011, 11:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkfanatic
changing the caster angle is done by adjusting the control arms.

i must be missing something
He is talking about cutting the C's off the tube, rotating to his desired caster, and re welding the C's back onto the axle tube.
Lots of work, and at that point just get the PR44housing and be done with it.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually don't think it'll be hard if you inner sleeve it but the problem with that is you don't have many locker options left if something happens to your stock one.

Quick Reply: stock front dana 44 with a better caster