Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stock bumper ...re done...

Old 07-06-2010, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock bumper ...re done...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1947..jpg
Views:	224
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	75663first take...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1951..jpg
Views:	257
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	75664second take.upside down stock tow hook's.

After reading numerous threads on this great forum.and seeing all the great idea's on this subject ,i took the plunge and started fabbing on my own jeep for a change...could not afford a brand name bumper ,so i chopped ,welded,and fabbed up my stock bumper ...took off the plastic shell..and started working on the steel frame under the plastic..here's what i did to it..what do you all think?

Last edited by JKNIGHT; 07-06-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
looks good, why the upside-down hooks though? Be a pain in the ass to use them. We'd get hung up on those out here on some obstacles.

When i had my stock 'steel' i cut V's into the corners where it bends. I then bent it in and cut the excess off so it had a nice radius corner to it...worked out well.
we dont have much rock out here.alot of sand dirt and mud...,so i just placed the hook's upside down due to how i bent the bar a little forward..the hook's in the stock position would not let the bar sit close to the front of the bumper .so i inverted them..tried them out yesturday..pulled a buddy of mine in reverse...worked good..
i like the corner suggestion..thanks...
Old 07-06-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECHO
Ohhhh Try and avoid that one...

Read this...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=reverse
thanks,will never do this again..
Old 07-06-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECHO
Just didn't want you to learn the expensive way..

Glad your bumper worked out.. looks really good!
thanks again forum bro...
Old 07-06-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKNIGHT
we dont have much rock out here.alot of sand dirt and mud...,so i just placed the hook's upside down due to how i bent the bar a little forward..the hook's in the stock position would not let the bar sit close to the front of the bumper .so i inverted them..tried them out yesturday..pulled a buddy of mine in reverse...worked good..
i like the corner suggestion..thanks...

I like the bumper. However, I agree that inverting the tow hooks creates a potential issue. When you hook a snatch strap on, it may simply fall off if not held in tension. On the other hand, with the hooks installed up, you can have slack in the strap, because it cannot fall off.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Widewing
I like the bumper. However, I agree that inverting the tow hooks creates a potential issue. When you hook a snatch strap on, it may simply fall off if not held in tension. On the other hand, with the hooks installed up, you can have slack in the strap, because it cannot fall off.
you guys are right ...i will need to make some shackle brackets that will go in place of the stock tow hooks...

Quick Reply: Stock bumper ...re done...