Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stock 2012 Wrangler Black Ops On The Trail

Old 05-19-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok on another note though, which snorkel is that?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

But he's got a winch. I'm sure that will take out those pesky overpriced rubicons!

So stock consists of discos, bumper and winch? Yeah our definitions are very different.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by notsoricer
also, by law when they write an addendum they have to write individual parts added with the price next to it. not just "black ops package". so basically you're not allowed to just have fun and do your own mods to your jeep with your taste and touch. you have to go there and have them do all the work for 5x the price you would pay to just do it yourself with some friends. plus, they have to ok your mods and be able to get them. what happens if they go out of business? or they don't cover the mod that they installed because of some fine print. personally, i would take off the sticker asap before wheeling with more knowledgable jeepers. do you still think your jeep is better than a rubicon? your current set up surpass the rubi's 4.10's with lockers in d44's? hokay
Yes, Kills a rubicon. With the stronger axle shafts in there(stronger than rubicons) and ARB Air lockers, plus 4.88 gearing... Sure I don't have the 4.10 transfer case, but in 4LO and lockers, I won't need that at all, this thing creeps slow enough for me as is especially with the gearing. And Don't forget I have a 3.5" lift as well as 35" tires. The rubicon has no lift and 32" tires. That means I instantly also have a clearance advantage of a good amount.

All the rubicon owners can boast all they want about their transfer case; however, I haven't seen a non-rubicon that was upgraded not able to do anything, or more, than a stock rubicon.

Last edited by earthling1984; 05-19-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by notsoricer
ok on another note though, which snorkel is that?
He told me it was AEV
Old 05-19-2012, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rebelyell22
He told me it was AEV
Yeah, it's AEV
Old 05-19-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Whatever the case Earthling...just enjoy your Jeep & have fun...Rubicon, Sahara, Sport...a Jeep is a Jeep!
JK Freak

Originally Posted by earthling1984

Yes, Kills a rubicon. With the stronger axle shafts in there(stronger than rubicons) and ARB Air lockers, plus 4.88 gearing... Sure I don't have the 4.10 transfer case, but in 4LO and lockers, I won't need that at all, this thing creeps slow enough for me as is especially with the gearing. And Don't forget I have a 3.5" lift as well as 35" tires. The rubicon has no lift and 32" tires. That means I instantly also have a clearance advantage of a good amount.
Dana 30 will never beat the 44. Your shafts may be stronger than the stock D30 ones but the 44 will still have a leg up on you
JK Enthusiast

I don't care if it fits your definition of 'Stock'... All that I cared about is I got a very upgraded jeep, all under warranty, brand new. That was worth it to me. I couldn't care less if it is 'Stock' or not

And you guys should be nice to me. It's not like I purchased this thing as a mall crawler. I use it as a Jeep should be used! And I've owned many jeeps. 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2001 XJ Limited, 2011 JKU Sport(Upgraded like mad), 2012 XJ Sport(again, upgraded like mad, "Black Ops" dealer package, and 1998 XJ Classic(Upgraded with lift, 31 duratrack tires, and some lighting on roof)
Now Jeep started making 2012 XJ Wrangler. They must be really limited editions
Old 05-19-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bet the dealership BANKED on your purchase! Did the red carpet leading to the finance office with a complimentary bottle of wine and crumpets not give it away?

You will never get your money back out of the Jeep. You will definately have to run the wheels off the thing. The VIN will always classify it as a sport and add ons never really help alot.

Dealer packages are always a rip off! Always!

Anyways, have fun with the Jeep, just dont post fake info on a Jeep forum about your ride being something different than what it is. Your just setting yourself up for a epic fail. I would have at least explained that it was a Sport with a dealer installed package.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, it's AEV
It says right on AEV website not compatible with 2012 gasoline engine.

Quick Reply: Stock 2012 Wrangler Black Ops On The Trail