Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stock 2012 Wrangler Black Ops On The Trail

Old 05-19-2012, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

basically you were had and spend extra money on stickers and ego. I'm sorry if you truly believed its a real special edition but it will not help resale value or brownie points with us. the sticker probably has an addendum on it that looks official to an untrained eye but its basically just a highly marked up jeep.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by notsoricer
basically you were had and spend extra money on stickers and ego. I'm sorry if you truly believed its a real special edition but it will not help resale value or brownie points with us. the sticker probably has an addendum on it that looks official to an untrained eye but its basically just a highly marked up jeep.
Their "Black Ops Package" was a $10,000 mark up over their stock sport jeep. The black ops however came with, rock guards($500), 3.5" lift($1,500 + $1,000labor), 5 Hankcook Dynapro MT tires 35"($1,250), Snorkel ($500 + $200installation), Upgraded rubber mats, rubber/plastic door guards, upgraded rear tire carrier with extended tail light, and a few other things I'm sure I missed.

So yes, the $10,000 package may not come with quite $10,000 worth of parts/labor; however, it comes close, and I'd rather pay that extra thousand or two to have the Jeep have a warranty as it is, from new. If I were to purchase a brand new Jeep, and put those parts on myself aftermarket, I would lose a whole bunch of my warranty instantly, and if anything broke, I would be out of pocket for sure.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Your fellow Jeepers won't take kindly to you if you act like you do. The dealership basically took you for some extra money for a specialty package of theirs. We all know how it works. In reality that is not a Jeep made Black Ops. That is what we are all saying.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mister ed
Your fellow Jeepers won't take kindly to you if you act like you do. The dealership basically took you for some extra money for a specialty package of theirs. We all know how it works. In reality that is not a Jeep made Black Ops. That is what we are all saying.
It means like I said i my last quote, I basically paid about $2,000 over the cost of upgrading a stock jeep myself; however, my Jeep has a warranty on all the upgraded parts, as it came new. So I find that worth the little extra I paid, kind of like a warranty payment; especially since I actually use my Jeep.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by earthling1984
Their "Black Ops Package" was a $10,000 mark up over their stock sport jeep. The black ops however came with, rock guards($500), 3.5" lift($1,500 + $1,000labor), 5 Hankcook Dynapro MT tires 35"($1,250), Snorkel ($500 + $200installation), Upgraded rubber mats, rubber/plastic door guards, upgraded rear tire carrier with extended tail light, and a few other things I'm sure I missed.

So yes, the $10,000 package may not come with quite $10,000 worth of parts/labor; however, it comes close, and I'd rather pay that extra thousand or two to have the Jeep have a warranty as it is, from new. If I were to purchase a brand new Jeep, and put those parts on myself aftermarket, I would lose a whole bunch of my warranty instantly, and if anything broke, I would be out of pocket for sure.
different strokes for different folks. but I'm glad you came around and understand what we were saying to you about it not being stock or a real black ops jeep. however you justify spending 10k extra on a sport is up to you. i would have done it much differently but thats just me (and probably 99% of the community). btw, you probably shouldn't move because if you need any warrantied repairs down the road, you'll have to bring it to that dealership. at least thats the way it worked when i sold cars.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-scKIM1IuM Window sticker
Old 05-19-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Super Freak

lmfao its private.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided to get their black ops package so the whole thign is warrantied, and I have new, stronger than rubicon, axle shafts, and arb air lockers ready to put on soon.
Their "Black Ops Package" was a $10,000 mark up over their stock sport jeep. yes, the $10,000 package may not come with quite $10,000 worth of parts/labor; however, I'd rather pay that extra thousand or two to have the Jeep have a warranty as it is, from new. If I were to purchase a brand new Jeep, and put those parts on myself aftermarket, I would lose a whole bunch of my warranty instantly, and if anything broke, I would be out of pocket for sure.
Soooo 10K later and peace of mind that you have a warrantee are going to put *cough* stronger than Dana 44 axleshafts onto a Dana 30 and void the warrantee anyhow

I just was in another thread about how far 10K can go on a Jeep (My List) and we have two seriously different lists of stuff here. Not tryin' to irritate just help educate is all.

Originally Posted by notsoricer
you probably shouldn't move because if you need any warrantied repairs down the road, you'll have to bring it to that dealership.

Seriously take heed of this. Dealers WILL NOT honor other dealer modified vehicles!!!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It say's Wrangler Sport on the thumbnail then I go to watch it and it's private...WTF? :new: Oh well there is nothing wrong with owning a "Sport" man be proud it's a Jeep, I own a Wrangler "X" which is the same thing as a Sport and I am very happy with it!

Last edited by Sinz; 05-19-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

Since when did they start making snorkels for the 12? I asked him about this a few weeks ago on his YouTube channel and didn't really get a good reply lol. Just found it kind of odd

Quick Reply: Stock 2012 Wrangler Black Ops On The Trail