Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stock 2 dr. Rubis Offroad - Help Convince the Girlfriend!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nikbass
With the deals on Jeeps right now, Rubi is the way to go. I'm sooooo happy I decided to get mine. I was planing on an X even had money for mods in the bank ready to spent, but I decided I wanted a Rubi and the wife let me get it after I showed her the prices on Elec. Sway bar disconnects, Lockers, tires... Paid the mode money to help cover the difference in the X and Rubi. Wouldn't have been enough to get the Disconnects and lockers so I come out to the good.

it worked for me. I still want bigger tires but since it came with the BFG MTs I'm good to go for a lot of trails out of the gate.

Good times She'll love riding around with Rubicon on the hood.
I don't think they have the same deals in Switzerland.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Highly recommend the Rubi for you...You will be able to go almost anywhere you'll probably ever want to go. Only problem is clearance for the bigger stuff. Going back up the ledge in these pics would have been next to impossible without front and rear lockers. Maybe with alot of speed but then you risk damaging the drivetrain. With lockers engaged I just walked up in like it was nothing. Seriously the Rubi makes stuff look easy. Goodluck!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

Also, for the places the Rubi can take you, the street drivability is astounding. Worlds better than the older tj's. So if she's worried about it riding rough it's not an issue at all. I took my mother for a spin when I first got it and she said it drives smoother than her Durango and our Explorer.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Tell her that it is the best way that you can assure that you'll be able to get back on time from off-roading.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

When I told my girlfriend (7 years together) I was getting a jeep, she wasn't really thrill. When I told her I was getting a 2dr, she gave me every reasons to actually get a 4 dr, cause a 2 dr isn't "practical". Last week when we were in Moab, we kept fighting over who was driving the jeep that day... She loves the 2dr Rubi, and here is the proof:

Last edited by somewhereinla; 04-06-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by InTheMist
First of all, we're never getting married! I'm old enough to have bought
my 91 YJ new! Been there, done the marriage thing.

Of course I'm buying the jeep, I just want to do it with her enthusiasm and understanding.
LoL!!! So you're probably about the same age as me. My first car was a 1990 Camaro Iroc that I bought brand new. For the most part I am busting your balls but seriously, if you want the Jeep, get it. Life is too short to try to convince someone else of why you want something.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not a Rubi, but this is Seryogas stock red X with road tires 2dr and doing some crazy shit off-road... it's in all of his videos...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilRf9BJdLYE

Last edited by Labrador; 04-06-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A 2 door can do things that a 4 door can't...but a 4 door can do some things that a 2 door can't.

A 2 door will get you a better breakover angle and tighter turning radius.

A 4 door will get you better climbing ability, and will be able to work it's way through a few "ticklish" spots that would stop an equally built 2 door.

I can recall wheeling with a VERY capably built YJ (36's, 6" lift, excellent driver). There were a few spots where my long wheelbase allowed me to go place he couldn't.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by w squared
A 4 door will get you better climbing ability, and will be able to work it's way through a few "ticklish" spots that would stop an equally built 2 door.
Yeah, That's what the 4 door guys try to convince themselves...
Old 04-06-2009, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

do we really wana tread into this territory hahaha...116 inches is too long without a lift...in my opinion...you'll get hung up on everything, and considering he can't mod anything, he should stick with a 2-door. I believe this was an argument for the Rubicon package right? DO IT!

Last edited by jkJason; 04-06-2009 at 08:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Stock 2 dr. Rubis Offroad - Help Convince the Girlfriend!