Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stock 2 dr. Rubis Offroad - Help Convince the Girlfriend!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of Stock 2 dr. Rubis Offroad? - Help Convince the Girlfriend!

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to convince the girlfriend of the awesomeness of a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, that its not a total waste of money, that a trailer is a good idea vs. a 4 door. Switzerland - so snow is a bonus.

Basically, modifications to vehicles are illegal here, so if I want a decent offroad rig, I have to buy not build

I want the elec. disconnect and lockers

Last edited by InTheMist; 04-06-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey just get the 2 door. its classic. k
Old 04-06-2009, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SONIC
...if you can modify.
Can't modify it at all. Just not legal here without difficult and expensive testing.

She's a Swiss girl, and doesn't speak english. So I'm gonna need...

PICHAS!!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RuBob
if mod's are illegal, the 2-door Rubicon is the only way to go.
Exactly!

Show her guys!

BTW, this'll be my third Jeep as a former TJ and YJ owner.

Last edited by InTheMist; 04-06-2009 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it isn't a 2 door, but if a 4 door can do it, then a 2 door can too. The suspension is pretty much stock (just a different front spring to compensate for the bumper).

Old 04-06-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

With the deals on Jeeps right now, Rubi is the way to go. I'm sooooo happy I decided to get mine. I was planing on an X even had money for mods in the bank ready to spent, but I decided I wanted a Rubi and the wife let me get it after I showed her the prices on Elec. Sway bar disconnects, Lockers, tires... Paid the mode money to help cover the difference in the X and Rubi. Wouldn't have been enough to get the Disconnects and lockers so I come out to the good.

it worked for me. I still want bigger tires but since it came with the BFG MTs I'm good to go for a lot of trails out of the gate.

Good times She'll love riding around with Rubicon on the hood.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Rmember this...the JK Rubicon in stock form has been run on the Rubicon trail to be tested. Not too many vehicles straight off the assembly line can say that. Here are a few vids for you to show your girl...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...il&hl=en&emb=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i21EUUJnyGU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUm3P...rom=PL&index=3
Old 04-06-2009, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by InTheMist
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to convince the girlfriend
Stop right there!!! This is only your girlfriend, not even your wife yet. If you have to convince her now how to spend your money, I could only imagine how your life is going to be once you get married. I basically told my wife I was getting a Jeep and thats it. I actually called her from the dealer after I signed on the dotted line to tell her I would be home a little late and not to wait for me for dinner.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyG
Stop right there!!! This is only your girlfriend, not even your wife yet. If you have to convince her now how to spend your money, I could only imagine how your life is going to be once you get married. I basically told my wife I was getting a Jeep and thats it. I actually called her from the dealer after I signed on the dotted line to tell her I would be home a little late and not to wait for me for dinner.
great point!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TommyG
First of all, we're never getting married! I'm old enough to have bought
my 91 YJ new! Been there, done the marriage thing.

Of course I'm buying the jeep, I just want to do it with her enthusiasm and understanding.

Quick Reply: Stock 2 dr. Rubis Offroad - Help Convince the Girlfriend!