Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stingers in action?

Old 07-13-2009, 07:25 PM
RV3
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stingers in action?

Ok, for someone still new to the wonderful world of Jeeps, what's with the stinger craze? Sure they look cool on the front of yout bumper, but do they come in handy and if so, where's the pics?
Old 07-13-2009, 07:30 PM
RV3
JK Newbie

I think I read somewhere that they were good for parallel parking too.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Talking

x3. There's a million people on here with em- let's see those action pics.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RV3
I think I read somewhere that they were good for parallel parking too.
awesome!

that guy on here with the big green 4 door with the evo stinger rear has a video of his rear stinger saving him in the hot tub.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think you'll find very many people on here that actually have stingers in action being used because I doubt anyone on here wheels their JK that hard that they are worried about flipping over. I mean, stingers are for extreme rock crawling, and unless you have above a 4" lift, then it's useless.

On the other hand, you can use it for intimidation. Nothing like seeing a big a$$ 4" or greater lifted rig comin at you with the stinger in the front. That's my cue to get outta the way and hide under a rock lol. No traffic!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by e0987c5t3
I don't think you'll find very many people on here that actually have stingers in action being used because I doubt anyone on here wheels their JK that hard that they are worried about flipping over. I mean, stingers are for extreme rock crawling, and unless you have above a 4" lift, then it's useless.

On the other hand, you can use it for intimidation. Nothing like seeing a big a$$ 4" or greater lifted rig comin at you with the stinger in the front. That's my cue to get outta the way and hide under a rock lol. No traffic!
i didn't get mine to be a poser, but let me tell you....driving on the highway is a lot easier than before. people get the hell out of the way. Regular city driving is easier as well, as i don't get cut off anymore. So it is a win win if you ask me.

shit, if i was driving a sedan and i saw a JK w/ 5.5" lift and that stinger on the front, behind me. i'd get the hell outta the way too
Old 07-14-2009, 03:06 AM
JK Jedi

I have yet to have a real need for one off-road, but I must admit it would be nice sometimes for downtown city driving with some for the effing morons that are on the road.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:07 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by OBX_JK
i didn't get mine to be a poser, but let me tell you....driving on the highway is a lot easier than before. people get the hell out of the way. Regular city driving is easier as well, as i don't get cut off anymore. So it is a win win if you ask me.

shit, if i was driving a sedan and i saw a JK w/ 5.5" lift and that stinger on the front, behind me. i'd get the hell outta the way too

Exactly what I'm talking about! Won't consider one on my JK until I have a suitable build-up, I think they look odd on a stocker.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:49 AM
JK Freak

Old 07-14-2009, 04:21 AM
RV3
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JoeBlob

We have a winner!!!

Sure doesn't look like a position I want to find myself in.

Quick Reply: Stingers in action?