Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stimulus Pkg. Part 2

Old 03-18-2009, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, those look really good. As someone said before, glad you guys get to go wheeling together...
Old 03-18-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a two door and really want to put these bad boys in my jeep....how on earth would i do the bar in the back and still be able to get people into the rear of the jeep.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

A rep from Corbeau called me this afternoon about the air bag sensors. They have a new bracket for the passenger side coming out next week that has mounting points for the sensors. He told me that if I'll send mine back, they will swap it out for the new one. These seats are very comfortable and hold you from moving around. These would be great for tall people needing more room. The seats are lower and slide back further. I climbed into the back seat and the bar isn't in the way. I just left it at the shop to have the dif covers and the Viair installed. Pictures tomorrow night or Friday.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Junkie

Looks awesome, how hard was the rear bar to install? Looks like you guys are gonna have a great time this summer
Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Those are some nice seats!! Just one more thing to add to the wish list!!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

The harness bar was a major pita to install. It didn't come with directions, just hardware. The hardest part was holding the bar in place to mark the holes for drilling. I did this by myself. But if you want to do something bad enough, you'll figure out a way. Once I got the holes drilled and fitting the way I wanted, I painted it with Rustoleum. You also have to trim the panels on each side to fit over the bar. I bought belts that wrap around the bar and the lap belt bolts to the floor. Bought some brackets from Summit Racing that I bolted to seat holes in the floor. I just planned everything out in advance, and had everything here before the seats arrived. Thanks to Dave at Northridge for helping me get them here asap. Weather forcast for this weekend looks great.

Last edited by roketman; 03-18-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default awesome

Your seats look positively G-R-E-A-T!!!! You & your boy go have fun!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dremex
Can't wait to see those installed. I'd love to do this but can't convince myself to pull the trigger on $400 seats (maybe if they were $400 for the set).
actually, having come from thw world of Porsche and BMW, the Corbeaus are a good deal. Great seat, great price. Try pricing out Recaros!

Originally Posted by roketman
These would be great for tall people needing more room. The seats are lower and slide back further.
I think that might make new seats totally worth it! I'm 6'6" and fit comfortably, but an extra inch or two of legroom would be sweet.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

I'm 6' and if I put the seat all the way back, I can't reach the pedals. It's both the seat and bracket. The seat is thinner and the bracket longer. If you look at the harness bar picture with the Jeep seats, the seat is against the bar. The Corbeau sit approx. 2" away.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Did you try to get into your jeep from the front door????? It looks like you have a 4 door and i have a 2 door so getting into the rear seat would be a problem with that bar in the way.....was there any other way to get the seatbelts to work????

Quick Reply: Stimulus Pkg. Part 2