Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Starting My Jeep Build

Old 10-19-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting My Jeep Build

I finally have the money to start customizing my first jeep and I am having troubles deciding on what I want. I was looking into new tires/wheels, a
lift, light bar and flood lights, bumper, and dual exhaust. Mine is a 2011 and I was looking into 33"-34" BF-Goodrich All Terrains, something like a
305/65R18 with either Dick Cepek DC-2 blacks or Mamba M7 blacks. I only have enough money really for less than a 3" lift kit. I have no clue about
bumpers or winches when it comes to which are better. I want to roof mount 4-5 floods (I've heard Hella Rallye 4000's) on a windshield mount light
bar. If you can't tell I am new to all this, but looking for help. Every once and while me and some friends go muddin in a small field and we go trail
riding down some pretty easy, semi-muddy trails through the woods. Thanks. Post pictures of your builds if you feel the need.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Welcome to the addiction, I mean forums. The best thing you can do is read through other posts. Find jeep you like and what they have. There are plenty of great vendors on here too that can help you and I know the whole jeep community doesn't mind answering questions about products you might be interested in.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0176.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	226121I started by adding Rubicon springs that came off of a 4dr with the tow package and hardtop, I ended up with about 1 7/8" of lift. I went with 285/75-16 Nitto terra grapplers, which when mounted
measure right at 32" tall. I know that's not a lot of lift, but since it is my daily driver and I wont be doing anything more than what you are describing its plenty for now. I still would like to add some spacers
to get a couple more inches of lift later, but it's all good for now.(my wife is already wanting me to put the side steps back on)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0061.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	226120  

Quick Reply: Starting My Jeep Build