Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Started Tearin' her down today

Old 06-23-2010, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Started Tearin' her down today

it was hot as hell here the last few days so in honor, started pullin the top and doors off... first time ive had the doors off and let me say it feels FANTASTIC!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20100623_114827..jpg
Views:	142
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	73911   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20100623_114812..jpg
Views:	101
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	73912  
Old 06-23-2010, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

congrats! be careful tho, that kind of thing gets surprisingly addictive. i haven't had my doors on in about a month and a half. sure, there are some chilly morning or evening rides, but it's totally worth it when your doorless in the middle of the day when it's 90*+ enjoy!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCKnauer22
congrats! be careful tho, that kind of thing gets surprisingly addictive. i haven't had my doors on in about a month and a half. sure, there are some chilly morning or evening rides, but it's totally worth it when your doorless in the middle of the day when it's 90*+ enjoy!
Couldn't agree more Also, I love the looks other motorist have when they pass you by wondering...were are the doors?? and then start and wishing they had a Jeep.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

Had mine off this weekend. Drove all day Sunday. I was sad when the wife had me put them back on so the kids would be safe. Oh well. Always next weekend.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07BLUEJK
Had mine off this weekend. Drove all day Sunday. I was sad when the wife had me put them back on so the kids would be safe. Oh well. Always next weekend.
I feel you my wife is the same way. I had a guy tell me the other day ''hey you forgot your doors''.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's too freakin hot in Florida to ride with the top down and doors off in the summer months - unless you have a job where it's ok to look like a sweat monster. Plus, t-storms pop-up out of nowhere just about every afternoon anyway. October thru April is great weather for it down here. But, from May to September, fugetaboutit.

Also, don't see to many Rubicons with Sahara wheels/tires.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Thumper616
It's too freakin hot in Florida to ride with the top down and doors off in the summer months - unless you have a job where it's ok to look like a sweat monster. Plus, t-storms pop-up out of nowhere just about every afternoon anyway. October thru April is great weather for it down here. But, from May to September, fugetaboutit.

Agree with that its been 98-105 around here lately!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same weather as you, same situation as you. I got rid of the doors and the hard top but at the end of the day threw the roof back on. I love the way the JK looks with a hard top on and no doors.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Junkie

mid 90's for the 14 days in a row here in GA... humid as hell... but i still ride doors off. As long as the top is up and keeping you in the shade its not too bad. I keep my drain plugs out this time of year too.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Thumper616

I noticed the tires too also the rock rail...... oh well..... nice jeep anyway

Quick Reply: Started Tearin' her down today