Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stage 3 Complete!

Old 08-06-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJunkie
Did you have to do any other modifications to the windjammer to get it to fit?
Thanks.
Nope that's it...

Thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but saw your new post about the light dots (they look very cool by the way) and I just got in my wraparound windjammer this week. Test fitting it, I noticed a couple things:

1) Seems awfully tight. It's only been in the 70s, so I figure letting it heat up next week should fix that one.

2) What did you do for the top of the plastic window that has the channel to attach to the soundbar cap? It's the same soft rubbery plastic strip that connects to the tailgate bar on the duster.

3) Did the fabric stretch enough for you to actually raise the rear seats into the locking position without popping the windjammer out of the door surrounds?

Thanks for any tips you might have!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

nice lookin rig bro
Old 09-26-2008, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but saw your new post about the light dots (they look very cool by the way) and I just got in my wraparound windjammer this week. Test fitting it, I noticed a couple things:

1) Seems awfully tight. It's only been in the 70s, so I figure letting it heat up next week should fix that one.

2) What did you do for the top of the plastic window that has the channel to attach to the soundbar cap? It's the same soft rubbery plastic strip that connects to the tailgate bar on the duster.

3) Did the fabric stretch enough for you to actually raise the rear seats into the locking position without popping the windjammer out of the door surrounds?

Thanks for any tips you might have!

No problem at all...when I got my windjammer I was able to install them with the door surrounds and I used the straps from my safari top to hold the windjammer up after I put a couple holes in it. After I got it set I pushed the rear seats back and they locked in place. This probably stretched my windjammer a bit.

After I ran this set up for a bit, I wanted the duster to truly be able to keep the rear area dry. So, I went to an upholstery shop and they cut the bottom of the windjammer and added a zipper that would attach to the duster. I also had them add a couple black straps to hold the top of the windjammer up better. Make sense?
Old 09-26-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Perfect sense. I'll get to play with it next week when it warms back up and with the soft top out of the way I should be able to play with the windjammer and get it on there right. I definitely like the idea of adding a zipper to the duster since the windjammer has a half zipper I believe.

The Jeep is looking very good man!

Quick Reply: Stage 3 Complete!