Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stage 1 done- Rock Krawler 5.5, 38x15.5's....

Old 05-25-2013, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flexer07
How did you get the Jerry cans on the tailgate
Its a Knuckles Offroad Backing plate.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rvzoo
What ends are those on the front bumper, I am wanting to make my OEM bumper a shorty and yours looks really nice.
There Rough Country end caps. I think I paid $55 for them.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Oside49er
Great looking jeep you have there.

I have the 5.5" mid arm w/40" MTR's on 17's (Load C) and the ride is really good. I am running Bilsteins on it and a max pressure of 25psi in the tires with it usually being around 22psi and the ride is great. The load range D tires you have could probably run at 20psi all day on the road while giving a much better ride, plus running 20's is making the side wall that much stiffer too. I'm not sure about the Fox shocks though, I've heard also that they stiffin things up a bit. On a side note, one of the things I love about the MTR's is they never track anything in the road, just roll right over it. The rubbing just might take a little trimming here and there, these jeeps love to be cut on a bit. Haha. Good luck figuring stuff out, very nice jeep.
Thanks Osider, I will lower the pressure to 24 and try that out. I wish I could trim the bumper in the back but It will definitely take a new bumper all together, its rubbing pretty bad. How did you get the Bilsteins to work? I actually wanted to go the Bilsteins but per RK specs, they weren't long enough?
Old 05-25-2013, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET

Its a Knuckles Offroad Backing plate.
Thanks man looks good and your jeep is awesome
Old 05-25-2013, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Flexer07
Thanks man looks good and your jeep is awesome
Old 05-25-2013, 02:32 PM
JK Freak

I run my 40" nittos at 12 psi all day long, jeeps are so light, and with this much rubber, lowing pressure will help. I tried 30, 24, 20, 16 and 14 and I found that 12 was the best, my old job back in the day was at a tire shop, and you could get away with 14-16 in those, trust me it's a much better ride nice jeep
Old 05-25-2013, 11:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jp3792
I run my 40" nittos at 12 psi all day long, jeeps are so light, and with this much rubber, lowing pressure will help. I tried 30, 24, 20, 16 and 14 and I found that 12 was the best, my old job back in the day was at a tire shop, and you could get away with 14-16 in those, trust me it's a much better ride nice jeep
Well I lowered them down to 20 psi and it helped with the ride a little but it feels a little squirmy like Jello (Wobbly), do you get that as well? I will keep playing with the pressures.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:19 PM
JK Freak

Well I lowered them down to 20 psi and it helped with the ride a little but it feels a little squirmy like Jello (Wobbly), do you get that as well? I will keep playing with the pressures.
That's weird, maybe try 24? Though mine are at 12 and mine doesn't pull at all, though my old mans jeep has the flex arms and his does that, I would never put them on for maintenance reasons. But his tracks weird, just air up every 2 psi, so maybe try 24-26 might be the sweet spot, but it will stiffen up the ride
Old 05-26-2013, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jp3792
That's weird, maybe try 24? Though mine are at 12 and mine doesn't pull at all, though my old mans jeep has the flex arms and his does that, I would never put them on for maintenance reasons. But his tracks weird, just air up every 2 psi, so maybe try 24-26 might be the sweet spot, but it will stiffen up the ride
OK, I will take them up to 23 and keep playing with them. I guess the best way to describe the ride is it "Wallows" over bumps. Id rather deal with he stiffer ride and have more control. I am going to call Rock Crawler on Tuesday to get their input (Long Arms or different shocks).
Old 05-26-2013, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

OK, I will take them up to 23 and keep playing with them. I guess the best way to describe the ride is it "Wallows" over bumps. Id rather deal with he stiffer ride and have more control. I am going to call Rock Crawler on Tuesday to get their input (Long Arms or different shocks).
It almost seems like it's your shocks.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 done- Rock Krawler 5.5, 38x15.5's....