Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

SPY SHOTS! Teraflex Front Dana 60 !!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at what you get for a Locker for that price.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Look at what you get for a Locker for that price.
well he said the rear wouldn't be out till later this year ... just curious.

and is his projection of $5-6K for the front accurate? so $8-10k for a pair?

Last edited by 6DoF; 08-07-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

wow looking good!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Waiting to see the price and specs, but if they fall into line with the rear compared to Currie, SOLID, and DynaTrac, I'm sold.

All I can say is Kingpins = my money. SOLID would do them but I can't afford the one-off's they're selling.

All the people here with older rigs keep telling me my hubs would wear first with 35's, but my ball-joints are definitely sloppy, and the unit bearings are still tight. I want to run 38's or bigger with 5.38's. That kinda stress is what KP's were made for.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

thats nice will that just bolt right up and does it come with gears you want too or no
Old 08-12-2009, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryanclimbs
hmmmm I am pretty sure this is running 5 on 5.5 wheels which would mean it still has the regular 1 ton 4.25" center hubs (like the dynatrac and currie hubs) The CRD60 when in productions will probably have a different setup to make the stock bolt pattern work. Not sure how they are going to do this yet as the 4.25" hub of a 1 ton is hard to get around.

Doesn't appear to have a steering stabilizer and has quite abit of wear on the drag link which shows me they are still changing things quite a bit. Manufactuerers often do not test with stabilizers so they can test everything exactly as it is and make sure that any vibrations are dealt with properly. Some pro rock crawlers don't run steering stabilizers as they have full time mechanics and are constantly being dialed in to perfection.

Teraflex hoped to start selling their CRD 60 rear axles last June but the had issues with a radiuses causing a stress riser so they scrapped the 500 axles and invested a TON OF $$$$$ to build their own. This was a huge setback and I am guessing the rear crd60's will be readily available by October and sell for around $3500 with gears and locker.

I would guess the front production CRD60's to be several months beyond that and am guessing mid winter. I am thinking these are going to be $5-6K when finished with gears and locker.

I think these will be well worth the wait in the end. They will be less $$$ than the competition and I do believe will fit the JK exactly providing stock like turning, lighter loading to improve freeway handling, and a true "bolt in" characteristics.

I think I am at least going to wait and see before I run off and drop $10K on axles!!!
A large unit bearing instead of hubs.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

I WANT ONE!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default axles

Are these out yet?

Quick Reply: SPY SHOTS! Teraflex Front Dana 60 !!