Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by modestoperandi
That a good question, I'll be sure ask the guys at shop this weekend about that. I just like the really clean setup - having it built to ISO specs and having the CARB certification pending. I'm still anxious to get it off road.
ISO specs, what does that have to do with the price of tea in china, or me offroading.....

Originally Posted by gruntjeep
I'm curious as to how they pulled 170HP as stock? Most are between 125-150 RWHP max on the 3.8 and 183 max on the 3.6... Makes me wonder if they are correcting for and showing FWHP and not RWHP numbers... Still good gains but would place them under RIPP's gains... Marketing ploy? Any gain is a good gain though...
Me to, sounds like snake oil to me.

Originally Posted by Nelly
Very well said! I got the same feeling from RIPPMODS posts and was trying to put together my own response, and yours sums it up perfectly!
I actually have to disagree, I WANT TO KNOW!!!! If I'm 15 miles deep into "gods country", I dont want my motor letting go. For me these are questions I would never think to ask. AAA is not gonna honor that tow job and I sure as hell do not want to be huffing it on foot to the nearest gas station. In no way did he say "my product is better". If Im gonna pop 4/5g's on a part, I don't need that part causing me to "take a hike"....lol

k
Old 05-01-2012, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Hey Vince, did you go wheeling over the weekend? If so give us an update on how your JK ran with this new system. Enough with all this mumble jumble about critiqueing your system.

Just give us your honest opinion on the Sprintex. I know you wheel very hard, ive seen pics in the past. Did you have excess heat? Did your tune go into limp mode? Did your motor

blow and leave you stranded? Any video clips?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
The other thread had fanboy attacks too. Real big turn off. Ripp .... we have seen what your kits do ... Your name is out there and is good ... don't beat your chest go all alpha-ape and ruin it. This thread is about ANOTHER *gasp* MANUFACTURER not Ripp. K?
That's funny and we understand..sorry about that, we totally appreciate the OP and his vehicle and wish him the best of times on/off road, we do not mean to over-imply ourselves. However, please keep our perspective in mind as well... "they've" been making some big claims and "they" have bench marked against us...

More to the point who does answer technical questions that any one of us may have regarding - *gasp* another manufacturer
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome I want one! Anything to help our slugs move along a little faster! I saw the video of you this last weekend. How did you like it in the dirt? I am currently running Roadraces Power Pack and love it!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dirtyboy69
Hey Vince, did you go wheeling over the weekend? If so give us an update on how your JK ran with this new system. Enough with all this mumble jumble about critiqueing your system.

Just give us your honest opinion on the Sprintex. I know you wheel very hard, ive seen pics in the past. Did you have excess heat? Did your tune go into limp mode? Did your motor

blow and leave you stranded? Any video clips?
I love it. Its the perfect amount of power I needed to get my JKs rolling. It's taking some time to get used to because the power kicks in right off the line, which puts a smile on my face. The power also feels really steady, almost doesn't feel like its coming from a supercharger. I took it out to Calico this weekend and the supercharger did great, I could definitely feel it in 4lo. I had a little fun with it and EVOs Double throw down whenever I could find some whoops to bomb over.

Here is the raw video of my dad's clips from the trip. I will be putting a shorter video together soon, adding some music and some clips from my gopro

Unfortunately, gatekeeper got the better of me this trip, can't win them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw4tJJ4ioWQ&feature=g-all-u
Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by modestoperandi
I love it. Its the perfect amount of power I needed to get my JKs rolling. It's taking some time to get used to because the power kicks in right off the line, which puts a smile on my face. The power also feels really steady, almost doesn't feel like its coming from a supercharger. I took it out to Calico this weekend and the supercharger did great, I could definitely feel it in 4lo. I had a little fun with it and EVOs Double throw down whenever I could find some whoops to bomb over.

Here is the raw video of my dad's clips from the trip. I will be putting a shorter video together soon, adding some music and some clips from my gopro

Unfortunately, gatekeeper got the better of me this trip, can't win them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw4tJJ4ioWQ&feature=g-all-u
Well Vince, I think Gatekeeper got the better of your drag link before you backed out - that thing was U-shaped! Time to upgrade to the Currie set-up.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

WoW I think Ripp is being very UNPROFESSIONAL . Im totally agreeing with the OP . OK Kool Ripp you have invented the chocalate shake for the 3.8 JK. And you have been serving it for the last 5years. Now that there are different flavors of Milk Shakes coming to this Huge Jeep JK market you are all over the forums talking about how great your S/C is and how all the others are designed wrong and are going to hurt your motor. GREAT!! IMO I would like to hear it from the public not a manufacture. Let your product speak for itself, it seems to be anyways. But on every forum I see your Co. chiming in on how this is wrong and that is wrong. Dude!! face it theres other big players coming into the market. Accept it and wish them good. You come and appoligize to Modest, then this morning on another forum your blasting another thread. I truly feel your like DR. Evil , you wanna own the world. Sorry but theres more than enough market share for everyone.. If its a SuperCharger, Hemi, Turbo, LS, Ripp is quick to respond on how there kit is so great. IM just bothered that a Vendor or Manufacture would talk or write negative views on another Manufactures product. UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by dirtyboy69; 05-02-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dirtyboy69
IM just bothered that a Vendor or Manufacture would talk or write negative views on another Manufactures product. UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!
i gotta agree. if i were supercharging tomorrow id def be going ripp because of the "tried and tested" thing, but i do feel that every time i see another forced induction thread ripp is quick to chime in and it is a bit of a turn-off from the marketing standpoint.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:54 PM
JK Newbie

I've been following the supercharger reviews. I'm looking for the "boost" our jeeps need. As with us all, I look for what gets me where I need to be dependably for the best price. I spend big when needed but keep my sights on the prize... getting to the top n back down again. If I can save a grand buying a different style sc that has similar power output... I'll do it, providing its reliable and repeatable. Especially if allows me to buy a winch, bumper, lift, etc compared to the cost of another kit. We are always bargain hunters. Ha!

I'm interested in seeing future posts about this kit. Hopefully from other owners as well.

I do agree... other vendors should just say "cool, keep us posted." Posting the way Ripped is isn't winning any custommeers. I know you don't want to loose business but that is "Business!" Please just keep your posts positive and don't assume we won't see what your end game is.

Back on topic... any updates? I'm gonna call that Road Race company this weekend to enquire.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I LOVE YOUR JEEP! I miss the sound of a super charger! I had a 2004 Cobra that was SC and that whine is bad ass!!!!
As for the vendors going at it over their products; can't we all just get along!?
It's like Mustang parts, there are a ton of different vendors and each have their ups and downs. I'm not real familiar with a lot of companies for Jeep that S/C them, but I'm sure there are a ton. There's enough business for everyone I'm sure, so don't bash each other!

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!