Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Smaller pulley means more boost, more boost means more heat... and that's still not intercooled. Whats the boost level now and whats the power now?
That a good question, I'll be sure ask the guys at shop this weekend about that. I just like the really clean setup - having it built to ISO specs and having the CARB certification pending. I'm still anxious to get it off road.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CALIJK

I would - too bad my Jeep is in pieces. I did get a chance to drive Vince's Jeep today with the Sprintex in it. I'm very impressed. No, it's not a Hemi, but for $4k, it was definitely worth the money. Acceleration off the line is greatly improved - I even got the tires to chirp a bit. It was a lot more fun to drive.
I'd love to see that! After your build and new axles, and tires, I'm excited to see how that bad boy runs!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CALIJK

I would - too bad my Jeep is in pieces. I did get a chance to drive Vince's Jeep today with the Sprintex in it. I'm very impressed. No, it's not a Hemi, but for $4k, it was definitely worth the money. Acceleration off the line is greatly improved - I even got the tires to chirp a bit. It was a lot more fun to drive.
Chirp the tires?? Man o man, that is a difference.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

I'm curious as to how they pulled 170HP as stock? Most are between 125-150 RWHP max on the 3.8 and 183 max on the 3.6... Makes me wonder if they are correcting for and showing FWHP and not RWHP numbers... Still good gains but would place them under RIPP's gains... Marketing ploy? Any gain is a good gain though...
Old 04-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by modestoperandi
That a good question, I'll be sure ask the guys at shop this weekend about that. I just like the really clean setup - having it built to ISO specs and having the CARB certification pending. I'm still anxious to get it off road.
RIPP is currently CARB pending as well (its a hurry up and wait thing, but we are past the first stages)...

Yea we completely agree, ISO and SAE are awesome standards, that's why we use Vortech Superchargers in all our systems (which measure straight up and above industry standards) and base our fabrication and material standards on it. Based on that, on your system if the factory engine air temp sensor is mounted before the supercharger and boosted air, how is the ECU going to know how hot the air is going into the engine?

We look forward to the answer -

Originally Posted by gruntjeep
I'm curious as to how they pulled 170HP as stock? Most are between 125-150 RWHP max on the 3.8 and 183 max on the 3.6... Makes me wonder if they are correcting for and showing FWHP and not RWHP numbers... Still good gains but would place them under RIPP's gains... Marketing ploy? Any gain is a good gain though...
So are we... the only thing we can figure is, its a 6spd with stock tires - in which case it only gained 39hp total...

Thanks a bunch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sprinter Question.jpg
Views:	954
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	310910  

Last edited by RIPPMODS; 04-30-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

RIPP is currently CARB pending as well (its a hurry up and wait thing, but we are past the first stages)...

Yea we completely agree, ISO and SAE are awesome standards, that's why we use Vortech Superchargers in all our systems (which measure straight up and above industry standards) and base our fabrication and material standards on it. Based on that, on your system if the factory engine air temp sensor is mounted before the supercharger and boosted air, how is the ECU going to know how hot the air is going into the engine?

We look forward to the answer -
I am in no way an expert when it comes down to engines and superchargers. I am a wheeler. A wheeler who has an awesome new product that I would like to show everyone else on the forum. Do not try to ask me technical questions regarding how, and why, Sprintex designed their system the way they did; I cannot answer them, which I know you were betting.

What I do know is that Sprintex is a very reliable and reputable company, which has made several other successful superchargers. A lot of big people from the industry are also backing their system up, including, Hypertech, Higherground Offroad, and Roadrace Motorsports. Even Mel from Off Road Evolution, commented that he liked the design when he saw it in person the other day. Hypertech, who is a Jk-Forum sponsor, actually has the supercharger on one their Jks, and they love it.

This is not the place for your competitive criticism and concerns, which, from what I have seen on your posts here and on different threads, presents itself as fear of the competition.

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-01-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am in no way an expert when it comes down to engines and superchargers. I am a wheeler. A wheeler who has an awesome new product that I would like to show everyone else on the forum. Do not try to ask me technical questions regarding how, and why, Sprintex designed their system the way they did; I cannot answer them, which I know you were betting.

What I do know is that Sprintex is a very reliable and reputable company, which has made several other successful superchargers. A lot of big people from the industry are also backing their system up, including, Hypertech, Higherground Offroad, and Roadrace Motorsports. Even Mel from Off Road Evolution, commented that he liked the design when he saw it in person the other day. Hypertech, who is a Jk-Forum sponsor, actually has the supercharger on one their Jks, and they love it.

This is not the place for your competitive criticism and concerns, which, from what I have seen on your posts here and on different threads, presents itself as fear of the competition.

We asked a simple question, as a consumer you should want to know the answer and so should everyone else including the great shops you've named. If you don't want to knowthen we are completely cool with that, but that doesn't mean everyone else is not entitled to a clear concise answer.

Since there was no answer, we'll take a stab at it - If the air temp sensor is mounted before the boosted air there is no way for the electronics and/or the tuner to know exactly how hot the air is going into the engine (at any time). Which means, as a wheeler you should know, when you are on the trail for 10 hours and the intake manifold heat soaks from not having an intercooler, there is no way to correct the tuning to truly keep the engine safe. Furthermore, since it is a cast aluminum manifold and it does heat soak, you can never really get a proper reading there either, (so) presumably they opted to omit it.

Please don't misinterpret our questions as anything but an education into the form and function... In an earlier post you've made it clear that you will be running a smaller pulley, which means more boost. That means more heat. Its not above anyone to ask any question and get an answer. Anyone at anytime (competitor or not) can ask us anything about our system and we would be glad to provide the answer to the best of our ability.

Cheers

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-01-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We asked a simple question, as a consumer you should want to know the answer and so should everyone else including the great shops you've named. If you don't want to knowthen we are completely cool with that, but that doesn't mean everyone else is not entitled to a clear concise answer.

Since there was no answer, we'll take a stab at it - If the air temp sensor is mounted before the boosted air there is no way for the electronics and/or the tuner to know exactly how hot the air is going into the engine (at any time). Which means, as a wheeler you should know, when you are on the trail for 10 hours and the intake manifold heat soaks from not having an intercooler, there is no way to correct the tuning to truly keep the engine safe. Furthermore, since it is a cast aluminum manifold and it does heat soak, you can never really get a proper reading there either, (so) presumably they opted to omit it.

Please don't misinterpret our questions as anything but an education into the form and function... In an earlier post you've made it clear that you will be running a smaller pulley, which means more boost. That means more heat. Its not above anyone to ask any question and get an answer. Anyone at anytime (competitor or not) can ask us anything about our system and we would be glad to provide the answer to the best of our ability.

Cheers
I don't quite understand the reasoning for your reply. Since you did not get the answer you were seeking, presumably to confirm YOUR product as being better, you then "take a stab" by providing an answer with facts you do not have. In reading all of your questions and posts, it's quite obvious that you are trying to direct others to YOUR product and are constantly criticizing another's product.

You would be better served in starting a thread of your own, comparing your product to others, than to poke at a member who is sharing his system. As he has said, and you should know better, he is not the engineer of the product and your questions, which you state is for an education into the form and function, is rather pointless other than to try to make YOUR point and steer others toward your product. (To be clear, I'm not inferring that your product is inferior, but would rather see a structured comparison, rather than a back and forth commentary)

So Cheers to you. As a consumer, I look forward to your thread on how your product compares with others, as I'm in the market for a similar performance product

Last edited by RodCyn; 05-01-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RodCyn
I don't quite understand the reasoning for your reply. Since you did not get the answer you were seeking, presumably to confirm YOUR product as being better, you then "take a stab" by providing an answer with facts you do not have. In reading all of your questions and posts, it's quite obvious that you are trying to direct others to YOUR product and are constantly criticizing another's product.

You would be better served in starting a thread of your own, comparing your product to others, than to poke at a member who is sharing his system. As he has said, and you should know better, he is not the engineer of the product and your questions, which you state is for an education into the form and function, is rather pointless other than to try to make YOUR point and steer others toward your product.

So Cheers to you. As a consumer, I look forward to your thread on how your product compares with others, as I'm in the market for a similar performance product
Very well said! I got the same feeling from RIPPMODS posts and was trying to put together my own response, and yours sums it up perfectly!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RodCyn
In reading all of your questions and posts, it's quite obvious that you are trying to direct others to YOUR product and are constantly criticizing another's product. As a consumer, I look forward to your thread on how your product compares with others, as I'm in the market for a similar performance product
The other thread had fanboy attacks too. Real big turn off. Ripp .... we have seen what your kits do ... Your name is out there and is good ... don't beat your chest go all alpha-ape and ruin it. This thread is about ANOTHER *gasp* MANUFACTURER not Ripp. K?

Last edited by ToolManTimTaylor; 05-01-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!