Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!

Old 04-18-2013, 11:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salmonaediot
Here is a link to the show: Sprintex Superchargers – Jeep JK Supercharger System | TruckU

Update on my Sprintex. I started smelling a hot oil smell and took it into the shop. They identified a leaking internal seal, where a tiny bit of oil was occasionally dripping onto the manifold. Bummer.

The good news is that Sprintex Fedexed a complete replacement SC the next morning and I drove it home mid afternoon that day. Didn't cost me a penny, just 24 hours without my Jeep. They took a negative and turned it into a positive with very responsive service and showing they stand behind their product.

And... I am still loving this supercharger. Tons of fun.

Hey y'all... new to this forum... lot of GREAT info here, thanks for the time you all have put into it! I have read through this entire thread and have been researching 5 different SC's for the JK over the last month. I am about to pull the trigger on buying one, looks like the best evidence points toward the Sprintex (value & performance)... hands down. I went the CAI & JBA exhaust route first with very poor results. With 4:10's & only 32's I would have expected a little more.

QUESTION: How many miles on your unit when it started leaking?

Last edited by T Noneya; 04-18-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubydak
I installed the Sprintex SC in my 2008 Jk last weekend. Drove over Government Pass then on to central Oregon form Vancovuer Wa. This is a trip I have made many times in my Jk. What a difference, it's freaking wonderful. Smooth application of power and quiet compared to other SC equiped JKs I have been in.

I am totally happy with this mod.

Fyi purchase price was $2995.00 :-)

RUBYDAK - Was that an EBAY purchase for $2995 or is that available somewhere else for that price? I was a little concerned about the TECH SPT that might NOT exist with an EBAY SC.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wtf?

Originally Posted by T Noneya
RUBYDAK - Was that an EBAY purchase for $2995 or is that available somewhere else for that price? I was a little concerned about the TECH SPT that might NOT exist with an EBAY SC.
The normal price for the entry level kits is $3k... and this is why you buy from quality vendors. WTF? Ebay, for an SC? Who does that?
A DIY turbo, yeah. Not a $4k mod for a $30k rig!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T Noneya

The $2995 price was a special deal sprintex put on in November and December. Rpmextreme has it on for $3495 and Jon is the tuner for them using the diablosport products.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribed

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!