Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the article. Great comparison.

Ford Modular Motor Forced Induction Dyno Comparison - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine
Old 02-12-2013, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

How is this SC with a auto transmission? Can't remember where I read it but I heard it's very rough on it. Just worried about long term problems with other components.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by knightrohulk
My point proven. Thanks. Rippmods, this is what I have been saying all along. Roots type blowers make more power where it counts. Inter coolers are not always needed either.

As said earlier, I speak from my experience from tuning Honda's. The vortech system made more HP at top rpm, however the Jackson racing roots charger killed it in useable power.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default Tuners

So I have it and its been terrible. What tuner do you guys use the Hypertec or Diablo. It is power but if I could I would have saved for a 5.3. My wife has the 3.6 and it is noticeably beefier. I am trying to compare the two tuners who has better luck as far as shifting and misfires and the 11.6 MPG. I have owned many Jeeps and I have only owned this one just over a month and I can't trust it for long distances. I have already checked Orings and every connection I can get to. I guess I was the lucky one
Old 02-27-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diablo and no problems. Did you install? What year is it? Was the plugs and wires replaced or are they still original? As for mpg it all depends on how it is driven, anything over 65 and your mpg will drop! Lead foot driving does the same, and it also depends on your gears you have too. I'm avg out 18+ in town driving taking it somewhat easy. Hope this helps you!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

So I didn't do the install but I am looking at taking it completely off and re installing it again. The engine was replaced about 3K ago and the supercharger about 2K. The guy I bought it from said he had it installed and the installer kept the tuner and he didn't know what type it was. When I did my backup for rpm I just plugged the diablo in straight out of the box. I am assuming it must have been a diablo because all it asked for was a calibration update. So maybe it saved the previous tune as stock. I get 11.6 with me staying completely out of it. It is a 2007 with a four speed and 4.10 gears and 35's
Thanks for the input
Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rogers1982
So I didn't do the install but I am looking at taking it completely off and re installing it again. The engine was replaced about 3K ago and the supercharger about 2K. The guy I bought it from said he had it installed and the installer kept the tuner and he didn't know what type it was. When I did my backup for rpm I just plugged the diablo in straight out of the box. I am assuming it must have been a diablo because all it asked for was a calibration update. So maybe it saved the previous tune as stock. I get 11.6 with me staying completely out of it. It is a 2007 with a four speed and 4.10 gears and 35's
Thanks for the input
I wonder if there is something wrong with the newer motor? Try replacing plugs and wires, also when you take it off replace all gaskets as well. And yes you have a diablo, has Jon suggested anything? Are you letting him know what's happening with your tunes? As for your gears and tires it's a bit rough for the auto tranny. I would think about a regear once you get the issues worked out. Sorry wish I could have been more help!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

He drove it about 1000K and never had any problems but who knows because he sold the Jeep so now it might not matter. I'll check the plugs and wires do they still recommend champions like the 4.0?. I have been talking to Jon, we have been through four tunes. He said the last datalog was jacked up. I was going to look at putting 5.13s in it back before it had some many issues. The strange thing is the jerking and misfires and other issues didn't happen with the original tune that was on it when I bought it. The only problem with that tune was the shifting at 5500. Otherwise the cruise worked great and there was no mis fires, I am going to try to get the last owner to find out what tuner was used. Thanks for the ideas.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

I would suggest reseting your tuner and then havind the cpu on the jeep flashed by a dealer or shop that can and have reset to stock Jeep parameters and start over with custum tunes then. Sounds like whatever tune was in the Jeep to begin with has jacked it up.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Subscribed

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!