Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!

Old 02-09-2013, 06:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by knightrohulk

I know! As soon as I found that out, it was a major turn off. Let me spend $5k on a SC, and then turn around drop another $1.5k to make it useful. If you've already done the gear change and looking for more power, I can understand. But, starting from a stock platform, that doesn't look good.
Goes back to the nature of the supercharger they use. Have to spin it to make power where as the sprintex makes its power lower in the rpm range, so no gear changes needed to spin the sc up.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know! As soon as I found that out, it was a major turn off. Let me spend $5k on a SC, and then turn around drop another $1.5k to make it useful. If you've already done the gear change and looking for more power, I can understand. But, starting from a stock platform, that doesn't look good.
I already have 4:88s on my auto. I guess I could do either Ripp or Sprintex and get good results with either one as well as others like Magnuson/AEV. The Sprintex down low torque with my gears and Sprintbooster ought to feel like a big block v8. Are the tunes worked out ? I'm getting excited enough to say F*!k it and swipe my card.

Last edited by LidLess07X; 02-09-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read my above posts... ive done every form of forced induction there is and unless your drag racing your JK- positive displacement is what your after. SPRINTEX, or the like. RRM has a stage 2 tune for it, and their tune for my then 530hp DD E36 were flawless (after an OBDI retrofit)
Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
Read my above posts... ive done every form of forced induction there is and unless your drag racing your JK- positive displacement is what your after. SPRINTEX, or the like. RRM has a stage 2 tune for it, and their tune for my then 530hp DD E36 were flawless (after an OBDI retrofit)
Don't top fuel dragsters use roots style like the Sprintex?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rubydak
I installed the Sprintex SC in my 2008 Jk last weekend. Drove over Government Pass then on to central Oregon form Vancovuer Wa. This is a trip I have made many times in my Jk. What a difference, it's freaking wonderful. Smooth application of power and quiet compared to other SC equiped JKs I have been in.

I am totally happy with this mod.

Fyi purchase price was $2995.00 :-)
Quiet caught my I. How much extra noise do these thing make?
Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by troyboy

Quiet caught my I. How much extra noise do these thing make?
I don't even hear mine anymore, it is very quiet with the stock air box, when you stomp on it you'll hear the whine but it's not loud at all
Old 02-10-2013, 09:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't top fuel dragsters use roots style like the Sprintex?
They do... but thats because they simply cannot go any faster. If they had the tire technology to do so, they would legalize turbos.

Richard Holdner did a buch of direct comparisons of forced induction setups at identical boost settings. They overlap the boost vs hp/tq vs time of each... think one series was called BOOST VS BOOST VS BOOST for MM&FF magazine.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

They do... but thats because they simply cannot go any faster. If they had the tire technology to do so, they would legalize turbos.

Richard Holdner did a buch of direct comparisons of forced induction setups at identical boost settings. They overlap the boost vs hp/tq vs time of each... think one series was called BOOST VS BOOST VS BOOST for MM&FF magazine.
Thanks! Found the article you mentioned...very helpful. Do you know what boost level the Sprintex runs at?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks! Found the article you mentioned...very helpful. Do you know what boost level the Sprintex runs at?
I want to say 7psi...thats 50% more power EVERYWHERE.

Can you post a link to that artical, or pm me with it.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Not quite true...they use superchargers (and roots type), because they want torque off the line. a centrifual S/C, or a turbo don't have that. Roots do.

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!