Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!

Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Not on any of the roots type motors I have seen buddy!....its always on the intake before the supercharger....

now the vortex superchargers you use, yes its after....two ways to skin a cat, I just like the low end grunt from the roots.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kojack
Not on any of the roots type motors I have seen buddy!....its always on the intake before the supercharger....

now the vortex superchargers you use, yes its after....two ways to skin a cat, I just like the low end grunt from the roots.
its because twin screws are so consostant that you can easily map AIT ranges...you know after it warms up, the compressor will increase heat by X factor
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salmonaediot

I am now considering the installation of a Sprintex on a Mini Cooper S. There is something addictive about SC's!

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.
Check out Myne's Tuning - they've been working with Coopers for a while and have a very exciting SC replacement for the Cooper S.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kojack

Well, then here...

Compliments of Magnuson Superchargers.

Mustang V8
Click image for larger version

Name:	Magnuson 1.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	393690

Dodge 5.7 hemi

Click image for larger version

Name:	IAT sensor.. boom.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	393691

There's 2.

Like we have said before, just trying to put the right info out there. No, not all positive displacement superchargers have it post compressor, but it is the optimum placement.

RIPP
Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody catch the Sprintex install they did on Truck U a couple weeks ago?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Uneasy Rider
Anybody catch the Sprintex install they did on Truck U a couple weeks ago?
Here is a link to the show: Sprintex Superchargers – Jeep JK Supercharger System | TruckU

Update on my Sprintex. I started smelling a hot oil smell and took it into the shop. They identified a leaking internal seal, where a tiny bit of oil was occasionally dripping onto the manifold. Bummer.

The good news is that Sprintex Fedexed a complete replacement SC the next morning and I drove it home mid afternoon that day. Didn't cost me a penny, just 24 hours without my Jeep. They took a negative and turned it into a positive with very responsive service and showing they stand behind their product.

And... I am still loving this supercharger. Tons of fun.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pastorwug
Check out Myne's Tuning - they've been working with Coopers for a while and have a very exciting SC replacement for the Cooper S.
I just caught your response. Thanks for the lead!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Well, then here...

Compliments of Magnuson Superchargers.

Mustang V8
Attachment 393690

Dodge 5.7 hemi

Attachment 393691

There's 2.

Like we have said before, just trying to put the right info out there. No, not all positive displacement superchargers have it post compressor, but it is the optimum placement.

RIPP
And Like I said, the s/c cobra, GT 40, Saleen as well as the S/C vettes have the manifold bolted to the block with no MAF between the sc and mani.

again,

Im not crapping on your product as I have never used it in your application but from my experience tuning Hondas, the vortech S/C acted very turbo like in their power delivery where as my Jackson racing had a boat load of torque and not as much top end....

Feel free to shoot me one of your systems for evaluation....I can guarantee that it will get a fair and honest review....

And btw, im not calling names etc or shitting on you for posting over here......I am just stating my experience with s/c's in general...im not that imature.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Intake air temperature, not maf. The compression of the air creates a ton of heat so the air measured before the blower will be significantly cooler than the air after the blower.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

First off those vids at Calico did nothing but give me anxiety ! Is there any new sprintex owners ? So on the fence with this SC decision ...

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!