Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!

Old 10-29-2012, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I have read so far I like the idea of twin screw. Just cannot find much of this particular company especially on the 2006 platform.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Fwiw...

Twin Screws are typically made by Eaton, Magnasun and Autorotor... Autorotor is what commercial airliners use to pressurize cabins.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Perhaps...

Originally Posted by Beowulf
From what I have read so far I like the idea of twin screw. Just cannot find much of this particular company especially on the 2006 platform.
You can find a Kenne Bell for the 4.0L... however I think with an inline 6 I would just do a well designed single turbo. Even with a brand new turbo and dyno tuning, I think you could get it done at about half the cost. I love twin screws, but I cannot build one as cheap as I can a turbo.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why does this thread keep getting hijacked ?
Old 10-30-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

I'm not looking for a turbo. I like the characteristics of a supercharger. Just trying to find info on the Sprintex version.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Well...

Call the guys at Road Race, as they told me they are the only vendors of Sprintex. Great customer service, as I used to use Road Race Engineering (sister company) for my boosted M3's needs... Even if they dont OFFER a kit for your LJ they would be east to work with to acheive a "builder" setup. All you need is a belt to drive the SC, and like anything else the intake/discharge can just be plumbed in.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
Call the guys at Road Race, as they told me they are the only vendors of Sprintex. Great customer service, as I used to use Road Race Engineering (sister company) for my boosted M3's needs... Even if they dont OFFER a kit for your LJ they would be east to work with to acheive a "builder" setup. All you need is a belt to drive the SC, and like anything else the intake/discharge can just be plumbed in.
Sprintex - Superchargers and Supercharger Systems | Jeep TJ Wrangler
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Damn...

There it is!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
RIPP is currently CARB pending as well (its a hurry up and wait thing, but we are past the first stages)...

Yea we completely agree, ISO and SAE are awesome standards, that's why we use Vortech Superchargers in all our systems (which measure straight up and above industry standards) and base our fabrication and material standards on it. Based on that, on your system if the factory engine air temp sensor is mounted before the supercharger and boosted air, how is the ECU going to know how hot the air is going into the engine?

We look forward to the answer -

So are we... the only thing we can figure is, its a 6spd with stock tires - in which case it only gained 39hp total...

Thanks a bunch
Hmmmm.....what you are dissing here, seems to work for saleen, chevrolet, ford, and others....just saying.

My friends saleen mustang has the S/C mounted right on the intake of the block....works fine...sprintex is no different...monitors the air before the supercharger as you cannot get at it otherwise.

the twin screw is much better for streetable/off road style driving....the centrifugal is more geard towards hi rpm race applications...thats breaking it down really simple...im using my experience of having a LS/VTEC motor with a jackson racing supercharger attached and my friend having a GSR integra with a vortec blower. My car with a JR would beat the vortec system for the first 1000ft. then his vortec would get on full snort and come back beside me. nature of how the systems work. twin screws make lovely low end grunt and cent. blowers make their power higher in the rpm range when they get some RPM in the blower itself.

Neither is bad, just different...I know that I want low end grunt and could care less about having a rpm burner!

Last edited by Kojack; 11-23-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kojack
Hmmmm.....what you are dissing here, seems to work for saleen, chevrolet, ford, and others....just saying.

My friends saleen mustang has the S/C mounted right on the intake of the block....works fine...sprintex is no different...monitors the air before the supercharger as you cannot get at it otherwise.
!
You need to recheck that, most, though not all, DO remount the IAT sensor after the compressor. It is optimum for the best fuel and timing corrections. That is all that was stated.

RIPP

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!