Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil

How? My Sahara had 37X12.50R18 BFG Mud Terrain KM2 Tires and 3.73's and if it actually got to shift to 4th all it did was decelerate.... The slightest incline on a hiway I had to floor it just to hold speed..... Absolutely horrible.
I live on the gulf coast so I'm flat as it gets and I never go above 65 and I only go 65 when I'm on i-10 which if any of y'all have traveled i-10 y'all know how flat it is. I prefer to hit the back roads tho so my average speed is 50 at 1900 or so rpms
Old 10-22-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil

How? My Sahara had 37X12.50R18 BFG Mud Terrain KM2 Tires and 3.73's and if it actually got to shift to 4th all it did was decelerate.... The slightest incline on a hiway I had to floor it just to hold speed..... Absolutely horrible.
The point of my post was to here if ripp believes their SC is right for my style of low rpm driving. I'm have yet to drive a SC jk so I don't know first had if its the right choice and just want their professional opinion
Old 10-22-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chuah1
BTW how do you fill up or top up your engine oil with the SC in the way? Cheers!
Good question ,can we maybe get a pic of how difficult it is to do this.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by a4x4high
Good question ,can we maybe get a pic of how difficult it is to do this.
They flip the valve covers around so the engine oil fill is on the driver's side. It is a bit less convenient to get to, but NBD. I just use a funnel and it is easy enough.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0143.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	381482Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0139.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	381483
Old 10-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EsByrd
can u post in your own words in a manner I can relate to how ur system is beneficial over others for my driving habits. I don't see off road much but weather I'm running trails or streets I keep my rpms low. With 3.73 gears I still rarely see more than 2500 rpms with 37 nittos
Originally Posted by EsByrd
The point of my post was to here if ripp believes their SC is right for my style of low rpm driving. I'm have yet to drive a SC jk so I don't know first had if its the right choice and just want their professional opinion
With all respect to the OP, and the fine manufacturer, this is not the place for us to push our product. There is plenty of information, and videos regarding our products elsewhere on this forum as well as on the web.

RIPP
Old 10-24-2012, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
I think you need to re-examine your assessment, and your numbers.

If you looked at any of our dyno curves, or passes, you would see that we have no correction or "smoothing".

Each method of adding boost has it's own unique advantages, as well as dis-advantages. Positive displacement will come into boost sooner, at the expense of efficiency and heating. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions, as well as preferences. Transparency has been a cornerstone of our marketing and business ethics. But don't post the wrong information. We designed our system to benefit your vehicle throughout your power band.

RIPP

RIPP
Not sure why you are asking ME not to post wrong information... I simply stated a few facts-that you obviously agree with: "Dynos Lie", and "WHERE you make boost is important". If you feel my information is wrong, by all means post a dyno sheet with correction factors and time line from WOT to full, advertised boost. However, if I see a dyno sheet that is NOT corrected or standardized, Im gonna wonder WTF you have a dyno for.

I am glad you agree with me that positive displacement SC's do in fact make boost sooner. Great to know you have not yet shattered the various laws of physics!

Not sure why you singled out my broad statements about time-to-boost, RPM range, and dynamometers.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
Not sure why you are asking ME not to post wrong information... I simply stated a few facts-that you obviously agree with: "Dynos Lie", and "WHERE you make boost is important". If you feel my information is wrong, by all means post a dyno sheet with correction factors and time line from WOT to full, advertised boost. However, if I see a dyno sheet that is NOT corrected or standardized, Im gonna wonder WTF you have a dyno for.

I am glad you agree with me that positive displacement SC's do in fact make boost sooner. Great to know you have not yet shattered the various laws of physics!

Not sure why you singled out my broad statements about time-to-boost, RPM range, and dynamometers.
My interest is just to make sure that the statements made regarding our compared product are accurate. I am not here to state one is better than the other. This thread is about the Sprintex supercharger, not ours. We wish nothing but the best experience to the OP with their new addition.
Everyone has different wants and needs in regards to what makes their jeep, "their jeep".

RIPP
Old 10-26-2012, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Douche.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
Douche.

LOL CHEERS!!!

RIPP
Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any new news from the Sprintex owners? Mpg, day to day driveability, towing performance?

I want one of these bad.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!