Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anybody know what wheels and gears was ran with the sprintex dyno yet? i just look at the dyno sheet for the ripp stage 2 that was ran with 37s. the sheet shows that the sprintex has less tq but had a faster curve. the sprintex was at 200 foot pounds by 2000rpms and the ripp didnt get to that till 2500rpms.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by salmonaediot
If you ever get to Colorado I would be happy to give you a test drive.
Now that is a very tempting invitation I want to get back to Colorado soooo bad. Hoping to next year and I just might take you up on that. I really do want to drive one before I drop that kind of cash. Like you I do not do big rock crawling as 99% of the time I am on pavement but I am looking for more power.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EsByrd
im getting very close to running a SC but im hung up on which one to run and honestly im not impressed with the sprintex numbers. can someone post up a dyno of the sprintex and ripp side by side?
You need to consider WHERE the SCs make power- not the final number. With a twin screw your looking at 50% more power wherever you floor it. With a centrifugal SC you have to wait for the RPMs to bring you boost. You want 50% more just from 4500-5500rpm or 40% more from 1300 all the way to 6000?
Old 10-22-2012, 05:10 AM
JK Super Freak

does anybody know what wheels and gears was ran with the sprintex dyno yet? i just look at the dyno sheet for the ripp stage 2 that was ran with 37s. the sheet shows that the sprintex has less tq but had a faster curve. the sprintex was at 200 foot pounds by 2000rpms and the ripp didnt get to that till 2500rpms.
Dynos lie. You can correct ANYTHING on a dyno... ambient temp, elevation, rotating weight of wheel/tires... do some research on boost curves, or look for a series of articals titled "boostVSboostVSboost" by MM&FF
Old 10-22-2012, 05:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Also, with twin screws you could be at idle, and lean on the loud pedal (partial throttle) and that power is there due to positive displacement. With a centrifugal sc you have to be at full throttle just to make that boost to begin with...
Old 10-22-2012, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin

Also, with twin screws you could be at idle, and lean on the loud pedal (partial throttle) and that power is there due to positive displacement. With a centrifugal sc you have to be at full throttle just to make that boost to begin with...
I kinda know where ur coming from since I ran turbos on other rides but it seems a lot of money to drop into something for such lil power. I am leaning towards the sprintex due to the faster response but I'm kinda hung up if a SC is worth it compared to just saving for a swap
Old 10-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You need to consider WHERE the SCs make power- not the final number. With a twin screw your looking at 50% more power wherever you floor it. With a centrifugal SC you have to wait for the RPMs to bring you boost. You want 50% more just from 4500-5500rpm or 40% more from 1300 all the way to 6000?
I think you need to re-examine your assessment, and your numbers.

Dynos lie. You can correct ANYTHING on a dyno... ambient temp, elevation, rotating weight of wheel/tires... do some research on boost curves, or look for a series of articals titled "boostVSboostVSboost" by MM&FF
If you looked at any of our dyno curves, or passes, you would see that we have no correction or "smoothing".

Each method of adding boost has it's own unique advantages, as well as dis-advantages. Positive displacement will come into boost sooner, at the expense of efficiency and heating. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions, as well as preferences. Transparency has been a cornerstone of our marketing and business ethics. But don't post the wrong information. We designed our system to benefit your vehicle throughout your power band.

RIPP

RIPP
Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very good info ^^^^ thanks RIPP!!! I'm happy with your products!! And tech support!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS

I think you need to re-examine your assessment, and your numbers.

If you looked at any of our dyno curves, or passes, you would see that we have no correction or "smoothing".

Each method of adding boost has it's own unique advantages, as well as dis-advantages. Positive displacement will come into boost sooner, at the expense of efficiency and heating. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions, as well as preferences. Transparency has been a cornerstone of our marketing and business ethics. But don't post the wrong information. We designed our system to benefit your vehicle throughout your power band.

RIPP

RIPP
can u post in your own words in a manner I can relate to how ur system is beneficial over others for my driving habits. I don't see off road much but weather I'm running trails or streets I keep my rpms low. With 3.73 gears I still rarely see more than 2500 rpms with 37 nittos
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

can u post in your own words in a manner I can relate to how ur system is beneficial over others for my driving habits. I don't see off road much but weather I'm running trails or streets I keep my rpms low. With 3.73 gears I still rarely see more than 2500 rpms with 37 nittos
How? My Sahara had 37X12.50R18 BFG Mud Terrain KM2 Tires and 3.73's and if it actually got to shift to 4th all it did was decelerate.... The slightest incline on a hiway I had to floor it just to hold speed..... Absolutely horrible.

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!