Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!

Old 10-17-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by modestoperandi
I've been feeling the need for more power. With the the oversize tires and added weight from all the armor on my jeep, getting up to freeway speed takes a while. Also, my father now has a Hemi and I need something to help me keep up.

I decided to go with the Sprintex Supercharger. I first saw this system at Sema last year, and after talking with Rob at RoadRace Motorsports, I placed my order.

When it comes down to whats under the hood, just about the only thing I can do is change the oil. So I left the install to the professionals at Road Race Motorsports down in Santa fe Springs, California. They've been working with Sprintex for a number of years, and they've built a great relationship with them. Also, as far as I know, my jeep has the first production kit installed.

The install is already complete. Here are some pictures to check out. I'll keep everyone posted.
How much did it cost u? I found one for 5k...is that about right?
Old 10-17-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think stage 1 is at $4k... minus install. Its not a complex install.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
Yep. I paid $3,995 plus about $600 for installation
Old 10-17-2012, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been running the RIPP stage 2 since January. When I went to SEMA last year was the first time that I saw the Sprintex supercharger on a jeep, it didnt even work. All it was was an empty case mounted to the engine. I wanted a product that has the R&R behind it and also a Tech Support that is there to help you out and answer questions. People are sensative and feelings are going to get hurt. RIPP is able to ask questions just like anyone else is, and they have yet to be answered.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
O OK that's a grand less I lie that better.... I'll be doing the install myself once I finally get the extra money for it...... Install will be no problem... Thanks for the info!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
Thanks for the pictures. Very clean install, I need more power and for the money that looks very promising. Please keep me (us) updated after this weekend I am very interested in your thoughts and feelings on the s/c.
Cruise control works perfectly. In fact, I will be using it much more than in the past, because there is enough power for it to actually work.

We did some "luxury camping" at a resort this weekend. When I pulled up to the valet, he said "Wow, have you got a supercharger in there?" I had comments from several guys and I must confess, I found myself with a big grin on my face. I was surprised to find people who recognized the sound of a supercharger.

Went up several 11k+ plus passes this weekend and it was very nice to have enough juice to get my a** up the pass easily.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1262.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	380669Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1271.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	380670
Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

salmonaediot, thanks for the update. Glad to hear the cruise worked well and the added power was there. What is your rig set up as in lift and tires, tranny and gears? Sorry if I missed it. Could you tell the difference in your lower rpms also, such as crawling?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
salmonaediot, thanks for the update. Glad to hear the cruise worked well and the added power was there. What is your rig set up as in lift and tires, tranny and gears? Sorry if I missed it. Could you tell the difference in your lower rpms also, such as crawling?
2 1/2 inch lift, Toyo MT 35's, 4:88 gears. More details in my profile; you can see how heavy my rig is with bumpers, etc.

I have not been on any huge rocks with the SC, (I lean more towards overland/expedition) but have done enough trails and rocks locked in low to know that the low end torque and responsiveness are a real pleasure. Frankly, I never had a problem with power and torque when in low on my Rubi-prior to installing the SC. It climbs like a goat. This just gets you more responsiveness on the rocks.

If you are considering the SC just for rock crawling, I am not sure it would be worth it. If you trailer your rig to the rocks, it certainly wouldn't be. However, the drivability for other purposes has made me a believer and it certainly is more usable and pleasurable to drive. The twin screw instant response (I am not exaggerating about instant) has brought a new level of fun to my Jeeping.

Keep in mind, I only have a couple of thousand miles on the SC, but it has been absolutely solid so far. I was going to buy a 2013, but a new Jeep is going to wait until the mythical hemi shows up as a factory option.

If you ever get to Colorado I would be happy to give you a test drive.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

im getting very close to running a SC but im hung up on which one to run and honestly im not impressed with the sprintex numbers. can someone post up a dyno of the sprintex and ripp side by side?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
O OK that's a grand less I lie that better.... I'll be doing the install myself once I finally get the extra money for it...... Install will be no problem... Thanks for the info!

I am not endorsing in any way because I still don't know which to choose when the time comes, but, RIPP has a stage one kit in that price range as well.

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!