Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!

Old 10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
I will read this whole thread later... but you just made my night! I am in no position to buy now but ill take an SC 3.8 over any NA deisel or 3.6L crapshoot... Great rig too! Subscribed.
Thank you! Sprintex is also making a Stage 2 upgrade for the system, I'm not sure what the details are but I expect it'll give the system even more power.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ricky-2012jku

Well we must be reading different post. He never said anything negative. While the approach my be questionable it's not unprofessional. Mainly because those questions are valid questions. I dont know about you but that is something I would have never even thought to ask. But really how can the ecu make the proper changes without the sensors in the proper place.

My .2. Take it as you will.
Is this a forum for Off-roading men and women, or a bunch of sissy teenagers who need to change their tampons?! Seriously, there are too many babies. RIPP is just one of many COMPETITORS. They have every right to jab. Doesn't Chevrolet and Ford mother fk each other? Everything from what vehicle is better to what toilet paper company wont fall apart when wiping your ass! Seriously.

Last edited by DONKEY-PUNCH; 10-01-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait ... wtf?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DONKEY-PUNCH
Is this a forum for Off-roading men and women, or a bunch of sissy teenagers who need to change their tampons?! Seriously, there are too many babies. RIPP is just one of many COMPETITORS. They have every right to jab. Doesn't Chevrolet and Ford mother fk each other? Everything from what vehicle is better to what toilet paper company wont fall apart when wiping your ass! Seriously.
I think that answers your question.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Im frugal...

Originally Posted by modestoperandi
Thank you! Sprintex is also making a Stage 2 upgrade for the system, I'm not sure what the details are but I expect it'll give the system even more power.
... So maybe a Sprintex with 35" tires and 3.21 gears on a 6 speed 2 door will be a better investment than 4.56's and a stock motor! It reminds me of Racing my old big block Buicks with 2.88's!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been driving my 2010 JKUR with 4:88 gears with the addition of the Sprintex SC for about a month now. It still surprises me. The low end power is simply instantaneous. It is so nice to climb steep grades in the mountains without flogging it to death.

I was going to order a 2013 but decided to give the SC a try. I have quite a few mods, and now I can really enjoy this rig for more years. It is giving me what I want for my purposes. From my seat-of-pants comparison and from others who have driven both, it pulls at least as good as the 3.6, and i really think better.

On the other hand, i enjoyed building out my rig so much, I know I will want to do another build in the not to distant future. In the meantime, the SC has removed my only nagging complaint about this Jeep. MORE POWER.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

salmonaediot, so you have had not issues since install? No codes and such? How about cruise any pulsating?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
salmonaediot, so you have had not issues since install? No codes and such? How about cruise any pulsating?
I have only tried the cruise control momentarily and it was fine. I will be putting a few hundred miles on it in the mountains this w/e. I will more fully test CC then.

I have had no issues, no codes, no problems at all. I am truly enjoying it.

At first the whistling at idle bothered me a bit, but the SC whine more that makes up for that!

Here are a few snaps for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0103.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	379354Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0104.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	379355Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	379356Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0106.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	379357
Old 10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the pictures. Very clean install, I need more power and for the money that looks very promising. Please keep me (us) updated after this weekend I am very interested in your thoughts and feelings on the s/c.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

gonna have to modify my snorkel to make this work... god I think the torque will make 35"s on 3.21s work!

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed!!!