Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Spring is Here!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think that the soft top looks alot better.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
I dont have the Rock Hard. Im looking at the Teraflex for about 1/2 the price.
Have you seen these in person? Or anyone with the Tera's vs the ROck Hards?

I'm thinking the RH's look a little beefier, but I have not seen them on a Jeep in person.

Are you aware of any step-style sliders that attach to the frame, and don't require drilling of the tub?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It was a great weekend here in DFW. I took the HT off and got my forehead burned.

I love your ride. Grubbs does great work!! It was at their dealership that I first saw a lifted JK. That was last year. I now own one myself.

-Chuck
Old 04-06-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

I am getting ready to do the switch my self. Any thoughts or observations about installation? Did you have installation instructions? Any problems?

Thanks

Tim
Old 04-06-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mmcan
Have you seen these in person? Or anyone with the Tera's vs the ROck Hards?

I'm thinking the RH's look a little beefier, but I have not seen them on a Jeep in person.

Are you aware of any step-style sliders that attach to the frame, and don't require drilling of the tub?

Thanks
The RH are a lot beefier. The RH and TF are the only two sliders I have found that act like a step, protect from mud, and act as armor. I have only seen pics of both. RH makes a smooth one also.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tjarmstrong
I am getting ready to do the switch my self. Any thoughts or observations about installation? Did you have installation instructions? Any problems?

Thanks

Tim
The only thing about the hard top is how big it is. I had 2 teenagers help me out to the shed, and I was very to have their help. Torx #40 X 8 on a ratchet and it's done.

I would say to watch the videos on Jeep.com about putting on the soft top. They were helpful, altho i do think they had that top pre-stretched and perfectly fitted.

One thing I found out the hard way was to attach the front of the top to the attachments on the front windshield, but DO NOT fully close the clamps. Just have it ready to close after you do the rest of the install.

A spare pair of hands probably helps as well. But it really isn't all that hard. And it IS worth it! Dallas was high 70's not a single cloud in the sky, and low humidity. It doesn't get any better than this!

Unless you're above tree line sharing a bottle of wine with your S.O.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
The RH are a lot beefier. The RH and TF are the only two sliders I have found that act like a step, protect from mud, and act as armor. I have only seen pics of both. RH makes a smooth one also.
I'm thinking I will go with the RH (had been leaning that way already, plus I think they are a little wider and appear to go the the end of the fender flare). It's only money, which I hope will pay off with less time and hassle and money for washing the Jeep. I have a gravel (frequently mud) driveway that's about 40 yards long. Some of our friends won't even drive on it to the house.

And I think my wife and kids will appreciate the added width.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mmcan
The only thing about the hard top is how big it is. I had 2 teenagers help me out to the shed, and I was very to have their help. Torx #40 X 8 on a ratchet and it's done.

I would say to watch the videos on Jeep.com about putting on the soft top. They were helpful, altho i do think they had that top pre-stretched and perfectly fitted.

One thing I found out the hard way was to attach the front of the top to the attachments on the front windshield, but DO NOT fully close the clamps. Just have it ready to close after you do the rest of the install.

A spare pair of hands probably helps as well. But it really isn't all that hard. And it IS worth it! Dallas was high 70's not a single cloud in the sky, and low humidity. It doesn't get any better than this!

Unless you're above tree line sharing a bottle of wine with your S.O.
Thanks for the advice........we are a few weeks away from 70s here in New Jersey so all I can do is rehearse the install ........

Quick Reply: Spring is Here!