Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

SOS!! bolt stripped!!! help

Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOS!! bolt stripped!!! help

I was doing a simple mod putting the rugged ridge hinge covers on all ten of the Jks door/hood hinges and ofcoarse the last one I torqued on stripped the bolt....How do I get it out of there? Im not a mechanic so the simpler the better. Thanks in Advance
Old 08-09-2011, 12:19 AM
JK Newbie

Drill it out with a 1/8 dill bit about 1/2 deep and use a #2 easy out
Old 08-09-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scott0531
Drill it out with a 1/8 dill bit about 1/2 deep and use a #2 easy out
Thanks ill give it a shot...P.S those door hinge bolts are really in there I almost busted a testicle trying to get them out.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FrankCastle01
I was doing a simple mod putting the rugged ridge hinge covers on all ten of the Jks door/hood hinges and ofcoarse the last one I torqued on stripped the bolt....How do I get it out of there? Im not a mechanic so the simpler the better. Thanks in Advance

I did the same thing an tried the drill/extract crap over a 3 day period - finally found the easiest solution was to spin the freaking hinge which was so stupidly easy!!!

Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dgnr8
I did the same thing an tried the drill/extract crap over a 3 day period - finally found the easiest solution was to spin the freaking hinge which was so stupidly easy!!!

WEll damn...now I feel like a tard...ill try that
Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FrankCastle01
WEll damn...now I feel like a tard...ill try that

Dude,, i was so frustarted - i was doing this in my garage which was easily 105 degrees - i would work on one freaking bolt till i was sore and tired. I was defeated by a small freaking bolt. I tried to get a bigger size star and tap it in with a hammer, i tried the drill/extract till i broke 2 of the bits. I was seriously ready to sell the Jeep lol - probably the last day before i had a mental break down, the idea hit me - i felt like i discovered fire!

Anyway let me know if that works.

STUPID THINGS!!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Dude,, i was so frustarted - i was doing this in my garage which was easily 105 degrees - i would work on one freaking bolt till i was sore and tired. I was defeated by a small freaking bolt. I tried to get a bigger size star and tap it in with a hammer, i tried the drill/extract till i broke 2 of the bits. I was seriously ready to sell the Jeep lol - probably the last day before i had a mental break down, the idea hit me - i felt like i discovered fire!

Anyway let me know if that works.

STUPID THINGS!!
THANK YOU!!!im a pretty big dude and about every other bolt on those doors made me feel like a little b-tch I mean everything I had!!! ofcoarse the last one stripped...I tried everything. I put the ones on the hood too they look great for sure but I tell yah this "simple" mod turned into a long ass day
Old 08-09-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

man i know what you mean. I went into this hinge thing thinking "ohh 20 minutes TOPS" - i was seriously minutes away from tears by DAY 3 - LOL

I put them on my hood too but had to replace them when i got the hi-lift mounts. I have the set at home for free to someone or for future use if i break mine or move my hi-lift somewhere else.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

man i know what you mean. I went into this hinge thing thinking "ohh 20 minutes TOPS" - i was seriously minutes away from tears by DAY 3 - LOL

I put them on my hood too but had to replace them when i got the hi-lift mounts. I have the set at home for free to someone or for future use if i break mine or move my hi-lift somewhere else.

WALA! it worked like a charm..I had to beat up the hinge I was trying to protect lol but its on there now!! Thanks much

Quick Reply: SOS!! bolt stripped!!! help