Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

something wrong here

Old 12-19-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default something wrong here

was out removing the dealer decal off the JK and noticed this sway bar arm looked odd. some body has put the driver side on the inside of the mounting point.
driver

pass
Old 12-19-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that def does not look right. On the other hand its amazing that your calipers and steering knuckles have no rust!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I mounted both of mine on the inside for more clearance... But I'm 99% sure that driver side one needs to be fixed.

Get under there and do some tinkering!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

HIJACKING THREAD IN PROCESS......
What are you using to remove the dealership stickers?
Old 12-19-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

fixed
Old 12-19-2008, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mulewhisperer
HIJACKING THREAD IN PROCESS......
What are you using to remove the dealership stickers?
easy to do put a little heat on the decal <hair dryer> then use a new razor it'll peel right off.

use some wd40 or goof off to get the sticky stuff off the paint. then put some wax on.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

If you live in warm weather, put that part of the Jeep with the decal in the sun for a bit and just peel it off with your fingernail. Otherwise, use a blow drier to warm up the decal and just peel if off. Clean off any extra residue with Goo Gone or whatever. A little wax wouldn't hurt either.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure it can be done without a razor just the same. I'd be afraid with the hairdryer I'd soften the paint just enough to do some damage to the paint with the razor blade.

I got mine off by parking it in the sunlight for a few hours this summer. Sucker peeled right off in one piece.

Of course, it's probably a little too weak of a sun to get the same effects now. So I'd get a hair dryer and use your finger nail to pull and edge up, then slowwwwwly start peeling back.

If it's one of those emblem-like dealer markers, usually a hairdryer and some lifting will to the trick... but you may need to use some floss or fishing line to cut it off... Then just rub the adhesive off with your hand, or use some Goo-gone...
Old 12-19-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Junkie

I had to do that to my rear drivers side link when i first got my TF BB before I got spacers. You have to do that witht he stock wheels otherwise you get rubbing unless you adjust the track bar. looks like someone had done that nad never redid it when they got new wheels and the real lift.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobzinger
If you live in warm weather, put that part of the Jeep with the decal in the sun for a bit and just peel it off with your fingernail. Otherwise, use a blow drier to warm up the decal and just peel if off. Clean off any extra residue with Goo Gone or whatever. A little wax wouldn't hurt either.
yeah doesn't take much heat at all. always used a razor don't have nails

Quick Reply: something wrong here